Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
About five years ago, some debt collector place was hounding me for a bad debt of my estranged father (25+ years). We have the same first and last names. The calls were coming through on the land line while I was at work, my (new) wife was freaking out because they couldn't share details as her name not the same as his wife's name. But they did threaten massive asset seizures

I finally talked to them and finally they realized their error. No apology, nothing

Last edited:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
4-H group classes start tonight. I re-made signs. My previous way of attaching them to the sign holders (segments of wire garden fence) was not wind proof enough. They should be good now!

We might have cold weather for class. (3 hours, outdoors) The hourly forecast says it will be 50 degrees F, but the temperature is creeping up more slowly than predicted. Just got above freezing!

I need to pack for my kids and dogs. Snowpants, dog jackets, blankets, a sport umbrella shelter from wind, etc.

I'm also training at the animal shelter in a little bit. Busy day!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Group class was cancelled, but I already had my car packed, and kids and dogs ready, so we went to a park to train. DS15 had a meltdown so I'm not taking him to group classes in the future. I can't micromanage him and teach a class at the same time.

I didnt sleep well. I'm hoping to squeeze a nap in.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I trained for an hour at the shelter. Landshark puppy is doing great! He's not flying at people teeth-first, mouthing, jumping up, etc. When he gets excited/defensive he's not redirecting and biting me. He has learned sit-stay, down, relaxation, puppy zen, 4-on-the-floor, body handling, collar and harness response, loose leash walking. :weee

I took Boi to the big dog park - muzzled and leashed. He played with a dog off-leash! He was concerned about other dogs and chased one (thank goodness for the muzzle!). He was able to respond to me, except when freaked out and chasing the other dog. I'm encouraged; he might gain enough social experience to relax around unfamiliar dogs and go back to work. :fl Then I took him to the pet store and farm store for practice ignoring unfamiliar dogs in retail setting. The farm store was more challenging, but he did better than I expected.

Then a rest, a snack, and gardening.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Changing seasons messes you up too? You sure are a strong woman, to deal with all that you do.

Latest posts