Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
My chicken run didn't have a door/gate. I had an ex-pen panel across the opening - it kept my silkies in but not normal chickens. I have been eyeing a patio door screen in a neighbor's "free" pile by the road (for months). I told DS15 and he's like "pull over, I'll put it in the car" :gig It's woefully inadequate, but it's an immediate and free solution to my problem. It'll work for now. DH could fix it right, but let me tell you how high the chickens are not on his priorities. :rolleyes:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Busy day tying up loose ends.

MIL went to ER via ambulance. She had spine pain that DH thought her local clinic/hospital wasnt addressing/diagnosing adequately. This morning she wasnt able to move her legs and was hypoxic. 😓 Doesn't sound good.

I cleared my pantry shelf out of my laundry room. We bought new flooring. DH is off work today, so I thought we might replace the floor today. IDK now...

Dishes, laundry, camper packing, writing work... lots to do. Its okay. I'm sleep deprived (2 nights in a row <7 hours sleep) so I'll take a nap if I can. Until then, caffeine! 😁

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
It sounds like they're not doing a great job of figuring out what is wrong. DH is going tonight to see her and start to sort it out. He had been planning to go tomorrow morning. My Dr. Google says it's an ischemic spinal stroke. She had hip pain, reduced mobility over a longer period (months??), but then new severe spine pain and worsening mobility which suddenly turned into leg paralysis and hypoxia. They checked her chest and legs for clots.

1) reduced mobility --> blot clot that lodged in her spine, or
2) hypoxia --> ischemic injury to spinal cord (but what is causing the hypoxia?), or
3) degenerative spine injury --> injured nerve(s) --> pain --> hypoxia

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
silver lining: I'm currently unsupervised, so I'm going shopping :gig I want to get crochet thread to take on vacation. I checked out 2 new pattern books from the library.

also brewing, I might have my nephew here unexpectedly for 3 to 6 weeks. He has been staying with my parents. It was supposed to be for a couple weeks, but something changed and it turned into the whole summer. It's not going well. I feel awful for him being stuck with them. They've stooped to a new low. I am waiting on arranging boarding for my dogs - 5 humans, 2 human-sized dogs and a medium-size dog will not fit in our vehicles at the same time. If that works, then we will arrange a no-contact pick-up. My sister and I don't have any contact with our parents, so all communication goes through our sister-in-law. (she offered) so, yeah. There's that brewing.

HTG, I'm just delighted and amazed that I am functional and okay. It's a bit much, mentally, but physically I'm mostly okay. That's shocking, really. It seems that teaching dog training classes and volunteering at the shelter is the type of movement/activity that helps me be healthier? or maybe the matrix glitched, IDK. :gig

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Yesterday, I bought 7 chickens. They are 1 - 2 months old. I got 3 silkies (straight run, hoping for girls!), 3 orpington pullets and an impulse blue frizzled ameraucauna pullet that should lay blue eggs. Kids saw frizzled chickens for the first time... :gig They are in a rabbit cage in my barn due to the coop-rat situation.

I also picked up my nephew (DN14) who will stay with us for a month. He's a good kid and a good influence on my kids (mostly DS15). They cleaned upstairs this morning and there wasn't any screaming. and I was able to work at the same time. 🤯