Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we've actually figured out more about what is going on with Mom's reactions, some of is infantigo which are bacterial infections. it is very likely that she's been passing it back and forth with me so we are trying to be more careful with sharing towels/washcloths or anything for that matter.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Thanks guys 💓 I was on vacation and didnt have cell or internet access for a week or so. I didnt even work on this trip. It was uhm, an interesting experience. Not entirely pleasant, but being away from everything principitated necessary and welcome changes. Nothing huge yet, but the ball is rolling. 😊

Kids start school in 2 weeks. We are mostly ready - no stress! I can't wait 😅

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
we've actually figured out more about what is going on with Mom's reactions, some of is infantigo which are bacterial infections. it is very likely that she's been passing it back and forth with me so we are trying to be more careful with sharing towels/washcloths or anything for that matter.
Wow! that's a surprise! I hope she has more freedom to eat/do what she wants without fearing reactions.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Back to work this morning. I fielded emails. I had been a little apprehensive about it, but it was faster than I expected.

I picked up the dogs from the boarding kennel. I have new house rules for Boi. He had been overly excited, especially when going through the entry doors. (DS15 trained that one...). He also has had some nervous pacing behavior in the corner behind my dining table, and nervous pacing following me. Not walking with me in a working way, but "omg my emotional support human walked away" sort of way. I rearranged my furniture so the dining room corner doesn't offer any visual barrier. I brought his kennel back in from storage to prevent the pacing/following behaviors. I removed sources of excitement, like toys and food bowls. He is stressed and sulking in his kennel, so he needs a few days to adjust his expectations to the new layout and new rules. After he settles I'll start training obedience cues at a distance, and counter-conditioning his emotional responses to some situations like the entry doors.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wow! that's a surprise! I hope she has more freedom to eat/do what she wants without fearing reactions.

she still has reactions, we just had some frozen boxed food the other day and a few hours later she's telling me her lips and mouth are reacting to whatever was in that. so i get to eat what are left of those. :(

the good news though is that we found out that if she uses a wash of ACV and water it helps a lot while before she was putting some things on it which were probably not helping (and likely reinfecting herself too).

Latest posts