Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Buddy is still here, and I have a new problem. There's a shelter dog that might as well have my name on him. 😍 He and Buddy might have to swap places... I need official info on Buddy's first family before I can do anything. IDK if this shelter dog can fit into my family, but he is a trainer's dream. Fast, smart, loves treats and tug play, not reactive to other dogs in shelter setting. He is about 30 pounds. Maybe he is DS7 's 4-H dog? We have time to wait for the right dog or raise a puppy, but this dog... 😍 Fingers crossed he doesnt have the few habits that DH and I can't tolerate living with. 🤞

DS15 helped with a maintenance project at the shelter, so we were there longer than usual. He got approved to take the Fear Free Shelter course.

I had time for 1/2 of my shopping list. Uff, feeling those high grocery prices! I need to tighten up my pursestrings a bit. I didnt buy dog food yet. That's $$$. My dogs look so good on this food I hate to switch to something less expensive. I am tempted though.

I was gone almost all day, so now I'm playing catch-up on housework before bed. Food preservation sure makes a mess of the kitchen!

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I had time for 1/2 of my shopping list. Uff, feeling those high grocery prices! I need to tighten up my pursestrings a bit. I didnt buy dog food yet. That's $$$. My dogs look so good on this food I hate to switch to something less expensive. I am tempted though.
Yep, I am in the same boat-need to tighten the strings and only buy essentials. I already told the kids there are no extras beyond the holidays this year, not that we can't afford it but I refuse to pay those prices and I would rather but the extra in savings.

Good luck on the decision with the new shelter dog, when you find the right one you know!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I hope you can build up your reserves and ferret out any bargains that you can find. I must have squirrel DNA, I stay in a state of stocked up. LOL Those were some low prices for your lambs, but at least they are off the feed bill.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
There's a lot of "not buying" going on here!

Much of my work includes putting new price strips on shelves of product that I've moved. I am maddened by the frequent, continual and large increases -- especially product on shelf. I understand their pricing for anticipated ingredient rises but, I want to see their bottom line change to stable or lower. NOT the huge profits now going on -- as the CEOs lean back and smile...here sheepie, sheepie!

I've started my grocery "no buy months" early. And buy almost nothing unless a must have -- gasoline, feed, etc. It's a challenge.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
There's a lot of "not buying" going on here!

Much of my work includes putting new price strips on shelves of product that I've moved. I am maddened by the frequent, continual and large increases -- especially product on shelf. I understand their pricing for anticipated ingredient rises but, I want to see their bottom line change to stable or lower. NOT the huge profits now going on -- as the CEOs lean back and smile...here sheepie, sheepie!

I've started my grocery "no buy months" early. And buy almost nothing unless a must have -- gasoline, feed, etc. It's a challenge.
Yep, I can weather inflation just fine, but increasing corporate profits at the same time just make me angry! I'll do what I can to keep my money from going there!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Buddy update- I had his family's moving date wrong - its next weekend. His family isn't resonding to my friend's calls. She is the person who took on the foster project in hopes of reuniting them. (I dont have the family's contact information.) Shelter doggo gets neutered next week and isnt on their website yet. I might have some time... 🤞

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
The dehydrator at auction ran up to $75 last night. My max bid is $80. 1 day left on the auction. I dont think I'll win it.

ETA: I shopped for a similar one... its worth closer to $250. I could get one for $160 but the trays are plastic and look flimsy AF. Might have to increase my max bid tomorrow. 🤷‍♀️

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
The dehydrator at auction ran up to $75 last night. My max bid is $80. 1 day left on the auction. I dont think I'll win it.

ETA: I shopped for a similar one... its worth closer to $250. I could get one for $160 but the trays are plastic and look flimsy AF. Might have to increase my max bid tomorrow. 🤷‍♀️
The dehydrator went for $200. With buyer's fees, it's more than amazon. 😏 I dropped out at $100.

So... shopping for a dehydrator soon. I'm going to ask DH if he thinks we should get the stainless steel type for $220 or the cheap plastic tray model for $120 (currently on sale, normally $160).

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Buddy update- I had his family's moving date wrong - its next weekend. His family isn't resonding to my friend's calls. She is the person who took on the foster project in hopes of reuniting them. (I dont have the family's contact information.) Shelter doggo gets neutered next week and isnt on their website yet. I might have some time... 🤞
Buddy is ready. :love He is going into his kennel by free choice and sleeping in it. :love I took him to the farm store and pet store today. He was great. He pulled on the leash to say hi to people who wanted to pet him. Good enough for me! I can say that his worst trait is he loves people. He let me dremel his nails today. He didn't like it, but we got it done without much difficulty. He has reached all of our training goals for him, his coat is shiny and gorgeous, and he is at an ideal weight. :love Now git!

Shelter doggo has a tag on his kennel saying that he is on hold for me to foster him. :love I renamed him Splash. :love He learns so fast! Today he learned to cross his paws when lying down. :love. Why not? He's cute as could be! He is underweight so I gave him a little red jacket. The kennels can get chilly and I don't want him wasting precious energy keeping warm. A shelter employer told me his previous owner said he loves carrots. So I'm taking carrots when I go next. Usually I wouldn't go until Friday but I might go visit him tomorrow if I can make it work in my schedule. I'm smitten!

All the shelter dogs did great today. Most of them have more history of training than we expected. DS15 is starting to do some dog training at the shelter.

DS15 started volunteering at the library this week. This was his second day. He helped with storytime crafts - 30 preschoolers painting pumpkins. :th

DS15 started another batch of celery in the dehydrator. I started a fermented cranberry relish. It's unsweetened so I probably won't like it. :gig I like DH's hard cider but he doesn't. He seems unmotivated to make a larger batch.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I haven't updated y'all on Baymax for a long time. She is doing really well! She has been keeping food and water down, and has regained weight. Her appetite is coming back. She is up to eating 6 cups of food per day plus 1 - 2 cans of wet food. :eek: She's almost completely blind though from her eyes sinking from rapid weight loss in the past. :(