Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Poor Baymax, but sounds like you have done amazing things for her! She is lucky to have you.

Buddy sounds as if he has made great strides, another kuddos to you! Hopefully he finds a home soon.

Splash sounds amazing, hope he works out for you.

Glad DS15 is getting out and volunteering at the shelter and library ;)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the Baymax update. She's lucky to have you. I had a blind dog for several years. His daughter became his seeing eye dog. However, it did get a lot harder when he went deaf. At that point instead of following his daughter around by hearing - he would keep his nose on her. If they lost each other he'd sit down and bark until she found him. They were a great team.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
My house is clean-ish! :weee It's a miracle! I feel like I've barely been home. I figure I've been gone 20 hours (out of the 36 hours DH has worked) for me and/or DS15 volunteering. Hard to keep up on that schedule. Especially with making cider, canning, and dehydrating going on. Dehydrator and canners are put away. Cider press and 4 5-gallon buckets are still on my kitchen floor. DH might press a batch of cider for hard cider, or he might dump the apples for the deer. Could go either way.

Buddy is actually getting easy to live with! He has settled in SO much in the last few days! He goes in his kennel on his own. The more chill he is, the more freedom he gets (but not allowed in my basement or loose overnight after the marking incidents.!) Gonna trade him in for a pscyho-crazy-hyper dog. sounds.... smart. :gig

My boss has another contract project for me - writing a Canadian version of the textbook I just finished. I need to look at it and list questions for the Canadian subject matter expert. Dang, I thought I was done. But I like money... 🤦‍♀️

No holes in my chicken coop yet! I have been dumping leftover food in a 5-gallon bucket in the evening and storing it in a metal barrel we keep feed bags in. But chicks have had food out 24/7.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Buddy has a potential adopter, and he isn't even surrendered yet. Contingent on the person's dog and Buddy getting along. 🤞

I spent time with Splash out of the kennel room. It took him 20 minutes to learn behaviors that Boi took 6 months to learn. :love He is gaining weight nicely! I have been giving him an extra 2 or 3 cups of kibble as treats each day :gig

I bought a new dog seat belt for the car that uses latch system. Buddy tap dances on the buckle and pops my car seat belt connector out. Not secure enough for traveling with fosters! And I bought a harness for Splash, because I'm a sucker. He was much-much better about mouthing/nipping today. Yesterday I wasn't sure he would be okay here - with DS7 training him too. Splash gets vaccinated and neutered on Monday, so I expect to pick him up on Tuesday. 🤞

20221028_124444.jpg