Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DH is looking at the car tomorrow [from the auction, it didn't meet reserve]. Seller doesn't want to bring it home. They are about 3K apart in price, IDK if they can agree. Its a beautiful car - my favorite color 😅

Tbh, I just want an excuse to officially adopt Splash sooner rather than later. 😅

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Hope they can get together on the price!
It's an automatic. I cant drive stick shift. And it looks like my wheelchair could fit in the trunk. So it would be a nice addition. DH can only drive one car to a show, and we go separately so I can bring my wheelchair (and dog). This car has original seats, so no dogs! (Except in a kennel, and Splash's kennel would fit easily 😁)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Gracie has been in the chicken coop by day and in my house in a big kennel at night. She seems okay, but sometimes her walking is uneven and she falls to one side. Nerve damage? She is still on daily pain meds, but a lower dose than before. She and the smallest orpington pullet snuggle together most days. They're cute!

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hope Gracie keeps improving, wondering if it could be joint pain or arthritis making her unsteady?

What kind of puppies came into the shelter? We are starting to look for a new puppy/dog :) If the right one is out there we would adopt though I don't want to have to potty train in the winter, lol

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Hope Gracie keeps improving, wondering if it could be joint pain or arthritis making her unsteady?

What kind of puppies came into the shelter? We are starting to look for a new puppy/dog :) If the right one is out there we would adopt though I don't want to have to potty train in the winter, lol
Gracie has arthritis too. She is on her second month of a new antibody treatment for arthritis - it takes 3 months to see results. I hope it helps her!

The puppies are from a notorious hoarder in a neighboring county. Usually their shelter takes puppies at 8 weeks old, but these puppies were left until 20 weeks old. They missed out on the socialization periods. Their long term behavior (and housetraining!) outlook is not good. I would pass!

Send me a message of what you are looking for and I'll let you know if a possible match comes in. I usually see dogs a few times before they are listed for adoption.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DS15 has been asking for things "as a joke" lately, and I've been saying yes to teach a lesson. He asked for a box of donuts. I said yes, and he got sick from eating donuts. 🙄 Now its coffee. Fine, have some coffee (McCafe) 😁 He got sick from that, claims it was from the sugar. Mmmkay, so lemme make you a big pot of nice plain black coffee 😁 lesson: "just because you can, doesn't mean you should."

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Alexa for the win: DS7 woke up late, did his morning routine without fuss, didn't wait for a prompt to brush his teeth (!!!), finished his routine early. 🎉 Amazing! Nice start to my day!

I am getting started in the kitchen today. My fridge is empty. Gonna fill it up and have leftovers ready for the week.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
DS15 has been asking for things "as a joke" lately, and I've been saying yes to teach a lesson. He asked for a box of donuts. I said yes, and he got sick from eating donuts. 🙄 Now its coffee. Fine, have some coffee (McCafe) 😁 He got sick from that, claims it was from the sugar. Mmmkay, so lemme make you a big pot of nice plain black coffee 😁 lesson: "just because you can, doesn't mean you should."
DD16 is going through the same thing, she has a job and can drive so she has been buying her own. We did put a stop to the energy drinks--nope not on my watch. But same thing, donuts, coffee, chips, junk and no fruits or veggies or meat and then wonders why she is tired and doesn't feel well. HAHA Rite of passage....