Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You are fabulous. Your childhood helped to build you into the person you are today. You had no control over your childhood, but you are in control now. And you are ready for the things you cannot control. Your attitude is amazing and what your children will remember is how cool Mom was, camping out in the house. Instead of childhood memories of deprivation, your children will remember their Mom as ready for anything and taking what life slings at you and dealing with it. Your children are wealthy in positive life experiences, because they have you as their Mom.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
You are fabulous. Your childhood helped to build you into the person you are today. You had no control over your childhood, but you are in control now. And you are ready for the things you cannot control. Your attitude is amazing and what your children will remember is how cool Mom was, camping out in the house. Instead of childhood memories of deprivation, your children will remember their Mom as ready for anything and taking what life slings at you and dealing with it. Your children are wealthy in positive life experiences, because they have you as their Mom.
I screenshot this to send to my sister. She needs to hear it too. :love

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
State of mind is everything. (Assuming a baseline of security), you can chose to see it as an adventure or misery. It will become what you choose.

it certainly has a lot to do with it, and even if it is really tough you can still often find things to laugh about.

glad the power came back on! :) does make you appreciate it more when you've had a day or two off (or go camping).

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

i agree with all of this and it also reflects my own direct experience.

we grew up poor but also did a lot of camping for much of the summers sometimes so we just got along and it was all various forms of adventures and fun. what i remember of it because for the first few years i was too young. however it also made me very aware of the fact that i really like stability at times and when we moved from the city to the country when i was four years old i decided to make this island cupboard in the kitchen of the new house my home for several months. i crawled in the pots and pans and that was where i spent some time each day.

Mom even went as far as talking to a doc/psychologist about it but he said to just let me do my own thing and i'd come out when i wanted to. he was right (i'm not there now :) but i do like my comfy room here and i never had trouble living in an attic at college for several years).

when i did finally move away from the college town after 15 years of living there i did a lot of travelling and tent camping but also a lot of other experiences i didn't ever think i'd go through, but i didn't have any fear or lack of confidence that i could handle them nor did i suffer from poor planning. the only time i was genuinely afraid was the Hells Angels episode but i've written about that elsewhere and that wasn't a big deal in the end since they just drove by and left me alone.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
My family and I cleaned the basement. DH sorted through boxes of misc and old cords and decluttered quite a bit. I decluttered stored clothing because my bins were overflowing. 3 bags for goodwill and several boxes and bags of trash. We got most of the "stuff" off of the floor and up onto shelves. I can get to my grooming tub again! It was blocked off by a shelf unit that didn't have a home.

DS7 is playing in the basement, so it's probably trashed already 😒

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I should be more suspicious when I think I have free time. I missed kids' swim lessons this afternoon 🤦‍♀️

Power outage messed with my routine. I have a hard time getting back into it after any disruption.

I have an overly optimistic busy day planned tomorrow. I hope to get my house clean, video record submissions for 2 AKC titles, volunteer at the shelter and run errands 😅😶 I'd better sleep and start my morning with caffeine.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Hmmm...sounds normal to me! I run on caffeine 😁

And prices rising on that commodity, fast as gasoline. 🤨
Yep, Brazil had crop failure and its hitting the market prices now. Last I checked they expected coffee prices to be high fir 2-3 years. I stocked up and hope its enough for a year - and hope the market recovers quickly.

But that's DH's caffeine. I take caffeine capsules: less caffeine spread over more time. Doesn't taste gross. Costs less too.