Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I took a shelter dog on a field trip to a pet store this morning, and then a different shelter dog (Blu) to my house in the afternoon. I wanted to foster Blu a while back, but our first outing didn't go well. Today was much, much better. Her behavior problems are from frustration. When she gets out of the shelter and gets her needs met, she behaves better. She played with my dog this afternoon and wore him out for me. Win-win! I will try short-term fosters/day trips with Blu in the next week. If I think I can keep the chaos down to a level DH can tolerate, I might go for a long term foster so DS15 can train a dog for 4-H this year.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Neat trick.
I had a neighbor whose Irish Setter barked all night. ALL. NIGHT. Someone finally drove by and shot the dog with birdshot. Neighbor was incensed by that. She was the animal control officer in town, and did everything that she wrote tickets for, including a pack of dogs she allowed to run loose.

The upshot was the dogs vocal cords were damaged and everyone could get some sleep.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Neat trick.
I had a neighbor whose Irish Setter barked all night. ALL. NIGHT. Someone finally drove by and shot the dog with birdshot. Neighbor was incensed by that. She was the animal control officer in town, and did everything that she wrote tickets for, including a pack of dogs she allowed to run loose.

The upshot was the dogs vocal cords were damaged and everyone could get some sleep.

it's sad that it took such a drastic action to get some rest for the others but i certainly understand the frustration that it can bring on to hear a dog barking all the time.

we had a neighbor with the always barking dog too and it was a real nusciance. i was eventually able to mostly tune it out but once in a while it was a real issue.

later on when i was down south for a few years the landlord had a dog "out back" that did the same thing but i could ignore it as i had plenty of practice by then in ignoring things like noise or could mask it (fan, headphones, ear muffs, music) enough that i could sleep. living in a residence hall for as long as i did also was some more practice.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
It's been a rough week. The situation has been in national news. It hit close to home. I can't say much without revealing more personal info than I want to.

The good stuff though - the snow melted, the grass is starting to grow, and we're about halfway through lambing.

Latest posts