Dealing with MIL during FIL ALZ

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They are making great progress on that tree! I'll bet that is big worry off you mind :hugs

Best $450.00 - I spent in a long time. A huge consern just slid off my shoulders.
Not only that but 6 of my sons pitched in $75.00 each, plus helping with the clean up, so it really cost me $0, we'll have to feed them but that's what big BBQ grills are for. I have a nice deer hind in the deep freezer waiting for such an occasion :) I also just took Friday and Monday off work to do the clean up with my sons and take the good wood for firewood to our Amish friends. Plan came together nicely for two days notice.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Best $450.00 - I spent in a long time. A huge consern just slid off my shoulders.
Not only that but 6 of my sons pitched in $75.00 each, plus helping with the clean up, so it really cost me $0, we'll have to feed them but that's what big BBQ grills are for. I have a nice deer hind in the deep freezer waiting for such an occasion :) I also just took Friday and Monday off work to do the clean up with my sons and take the good wood for firewood to our Amish friends. Plan came together nicely for two days notice.
That's wonderful! And don't forget that lovely home brew of yours, if it's ready ;) I'm sure your Amish friends will greatly appreciate the firewood too. You can never have too much of that!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
MIL will hit the roof when she gets home, but taking down that tree was the right thing to do.
My SIL just left for home in another city. Her stepmom just died...and that family drama might be heating up. Agh. WHY???? My sister cleaned out our mother's house of anything with any value before I got there, then said she was just keeping it safe, then the ever changing story. 'Jewelry, what jewelry? I have no idea what you're talking about'.

Some people are just poops. I have now accepted that it's just stuff. I have stuff. I can always get more stuff. I'm even getting rid of stuff. I'm good.
Eventually things will work out. Take the steps you need to take to see about getting them into assisted living. You got a big heart, buddy.

She can get as mad as a big nest of hornets that I whacked with a ball bat on a hot summer day for all I care. It is for their safety, if she realizes it or not!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
MIL will hit the roof when she gets home, but taking down that tree was the right thing to do.
My SIL just left for home in another city. Her stepmom just died...and that family drama might be heating up. Agh. WHY???? My sister cleaned out our mother's house of anything with any value before I got there, then said she was just keeping it safe, then the ever changing story. 'Jewelry, what jewelry? I have no idea what you're talking about'.

Some people are just poops. I have now accepted that it's just stuff. I have stuff. I can always get more stuff. I'm even getting rid of stuff. I'm good.
Eventually things will work out. Take the steps you need to take to see about getting them into assisted living. You got a big heart, buddy.

I came to the same conclusion... Stuff is stuff, you always have stuff. Sometimes more stuff than you need. But its just stuff that you can't take with you when you die.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
:) :) :) and nothing hurt in the process except maybe MIL's feelings.
1364.jpeg

It's nice to have friends who ain't afraid of a little hard work and won't try and take advantage of you. I don't have very many friends, but the ones I do have, are good ones.

Last edited:

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That is so awesome that your friend was able to help out and give you such a great price on that job. Kudos to the boys for pitching in also.

We took down a huge pine tree a year ago. The neighbor across the road grew up in our place, when he got married they built the place across the road and helped Ma & Pa farm. They were alittle upset that we cut down that tree - until I showed them that is was over 1/2 rotted through...
They like that we are working on the place, but I think it may be a little hard on them to see it change - even though we aren't changing much.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You are between a rock and a hard place. I don't have much to add, it has already been said. Big hugs to you and your wife, it ain't gonna be easy.

Latest posts