Dealing with MIL during FIL ALZ

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wonderful. While it's difficult to see him suffering, I expect that you have peace in that knowledge. I will keep you and your family in my prayers as you pass through this difficult time.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And when the Angel is sent for him, he will know and leave willingly. Let Peace be with you when this happens. When you see him again he will be whole and without pain.:hugs

In my heart, I know my mother was better off and happier leaving this earth for Heaven. She deserved no less.

This disease is more cruel than maybe any I have known because the person you know & love is no longer with us, far before their passing. No, you cannot do anything. It is heartbreaking, frustrating, unfair and absolute devastation.

I can so feel your pain. Many of us have & understand the hurt, deep in your soul. Life is not always fair. Heaven is. Give your wife some extra hugs, it is her father...she is also feeling this heavily. It is a huge loss, hard to watch. You almost say "God, make it soon. End the suffering". My prayers are with your family.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And when the Angel is sent for him, he will know and leave willingly. Let Peace be with you when this happens. When you see him again he will be whole and without pain.:hugs

In my heart, I know my mother was better off and happier leaving this earth for Heaven. She deserved no less.

This disease is more cruel than maybe any I have known because the person you know & love is no longer with us, far before their passing. No, you cannot do anything. It is heartbreaking, frustrating, unfair and absolute devastation.

I can so feel your pain. Many of us have & understand the hurt, deep in your soul. Life is not always fair. Heaven is. Give your wife some extra hugs, it is her father...she is also feeling this heavily. It is a huge loss, hard to watch. You almost say "God, make it soon. End the suffering". My prayers are with your family.

Thanks LG, Prayers are always welcome :)

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
FIL fell and shattered his left hip while trying to get out of a wheelchair at the nursing home. He has surgery tomorrow morning :(

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh, NO! Not needed. Sorry to hear and hope surgery goes well. They often use seatbelts on them if they think they have an issue with them trying to get up alone. :idunno

We'll be looking for an update. :hugs

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Gosh, I'm so sorry to hear this! :hugs Please update when you can? Hope the surgery will go well for him.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oh, NO! Not needed. Sorry to hear and hope surgery goes well. They often use seatbelts on them if they think they have an issue with them trying to get up alone. :idunno

We'll be looking for an update. :hugs

That is no longer allowed, at least in the state of Maine. Seat belts in chairs, even bed rails are forbidden b/c they are considered to be a restraint. I think politics have gotten in the way of common sense.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My wife is LIVID and someone, if not multiple people are going to get an ass chewing like they have never had before. Trust me I've been married to her for 34,000 years and when she's mad all I can say is LOOK OUT!

long story short...

FIL fell Monday evening, they couldn't get him out of bed Tuesday morning, so they sent him for x-ray. They x-rayed his right leg and hip. All was good. They couldn't get him out of bed again Wednesday, sent him for x-ray again. They x-rayed the left leg and hip, discovered his hip left shattered. He was scheduled for surgery this morning (Thursday), now the hospital says surgery not until tomorrow (Friday).

The poor guy has advance ALZ, he can't tell you what's wrong with him, because his speech is limited to just a few words, that is if he can get the words out into a understandable sentence, before he zones out. You would think a shattered hip would be visible with swelling or at least brushing.

There is no excuse for any of this at all.