Dean foods files for bankruptcy

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A 5 second attention span...….they'd never make it in a flat bottom boat with a cane pole.

My daughter orders groceries online, then picks them up on her way home from work. The app tracks her phone, telling the store where she is and how soon she will be there.

She shops practically everything Amazon and is gluten free (not beer, she doesn't drink)

My son and his girl friend are both in shape. My son stands 6' 2" he's about the same in the shoulders and his arms are about the size of my legs. I kid you not I took him with me once to the farm store for chicken feed. He grabbed a 50 lbs bag in each hand and curled both while we walked up the the register. He said who needs the gym when you got bags of chicken feed.

They don't eat any dairy or grains and meat is like the grains in the food pyramid.
pyramidbig.jpg

Last edited:

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have to watch all the bread things from the stores. I can't handle the dough conditioners. They make me sick.

Diabetics should only be drinking whole milk as it as less carbs than skim. The fat doesn't matter. That is latest thing they teach the diabetics.

Skim milk isn't just milk without fat. It's sort of condensed so that it isn't pale and watery. I know it used to be common practice for them to add chalk to skim milk to whiten it. There was a big thing in the news back in the late 80s about it.

My attention span is so short I can't handle 5 seconds of ads. I prefer to read personally. I don't watch much that isn't educational because I'm a nerd.

The tuna pouches are great. Hubby doesn't like canned tuna. Neither does Mom anymore. It is mostly just a bit of fish mush in liquid anymore. The pouches actually have fish in them. Since Ive started canning tuna, that's how we eat it.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have to watch all the bread things from the stores. I can't handle the dough conditioners. They make me sick.

Diabetics should only be drinking whole milk as it as less carbs than skim. The fat doesn't matter. That is latest thing they teach the diabetics.

Skim milk isn't just milk without fat. It's sort of condensed so that it isn't pale and watery. I know it used to be common practice for them to add chalk to skim milk to whiten it. There was a big thing in the news back in the late 80s about it.

My attention span is so short I can't handle 5 seconds of ads. I prefer to read personally. I don't watch much that isn't educational because I'm a nerd.

The tuna pouches are great. Hubby doesn't like canned tuna. Neither does Mom anymore. It is mostly just a bit of fish mush in liquid anymore. The pouches actually have fish in them. Since Ive started canning tuna, that's how we eat it.

I wouldn't say a nerd... Just that you are curious about how things work, I'm the same way. I won't read unless I'm going to learn something new. I always find your posts interesting.

Chicken? Chicken in a pouch. Smart choice Charlie! Just tear, eat and go.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i don't want my food wrapped in plastic any more than i want it sealed in metal cans. i can taste either and i don't like them.

my preference for meats is wrapped in waxed paper or butcher paper and food in glass or natural wrapper (the skin of the fruit). canned items (in jars) have some amount of contact with the plastic lid, but at least it is less than the entire package and i rarely smell or taste off notes from them.

my favorite foods are those i get from the garden - often as i'm standing right there.

i do like dairy items like whole milk yogurts, milk, cheeses, but i don't often need or want a lot of them - like meat i usually stretch them by adding beans or vegetables - the fiber fills me up and makes the full feeling last longer and it also helps keep the whole system moving along.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So not Holsteins then. I like Guernsey milk better. It's much higher butterfat and just tastes better. We used to buy cream line when we lived in Virginia Beach. Had to shake it, but that was fine with us. That dairy farm did homogenize there milk as well, but they just did it to the whole milk so it was around 5 or 6 percent milkfat. Not like dairy industry standard of removing all fat then only adding back enough to take it to whatever standard percentage.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Give me my dairy, mostly in the form of cheeses. We consume far less meat than the food pyramid suggestion. I do not spurn sugar, or the goodies made from it. Bread- not a huge fan. It's only a means to hold the good stuff. I'm happiest when the dinner plate is HEAPED with vegetables, with meat, if it's there at all being a complement. I love the flavor meld of a good bean dish. Any readers do sprouts during the off garden season? I'm getting ready to start that again.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So not Holsteins then. I like Guernsey milk better. It's much higher butterfat and just tastes better. We used to buy cream line when we lived in Virginia Beach. Had to shake it, but that was fine with us. That dairy farm did homogenize there milk as well, but they just did it to the whole milk so it was around 5 or 6 percent milkfat. Not like dairy industry standard of removing all fat then only adding back enough to take it to whatever standard percentage.

My wife buys that shake first milk :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@wyoDreamer, my favorite dip for carrots is peanut butter. it is also my favorite dip for bananas. my perfect breakfast is a banana and peanut butter and about a cup of milk. the fake coffee may have come first some days, but i am gradually getting out of my habit there. i have to drink the fake stuff as i don't do well with caffiene any more. i blur enough around the edges as it is. :)

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ive had to step away from an mmorpg and go clean the bathroom to calm down many a time. Some peoples desire to ruin things for others just got too much. In the wild west days of the online games in UO we could tell the time by when the player killers showed up because the kiddies got home from school. Or they would run their mouths or disrupt events. A few friends of mine and I worked out many ways to outsmart them and make them pay. I can proudly say that I and 3 others were the cause of many a jerk's character dead and trapped for days while waiting for a game master to be have time to come move them. We also caused them to change game mechanics and add ways out of our favorite trap spots because the whiny jerks couldn't handle getting their own back.

Latest posts