Dearest FreeMotion, can I please....

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Ok!

1. I can milk, herd, take care of dairy goats (I'm bringing five of my own, so be prepared!)
2. I can make yogurt
3. I can make Chevre
4. I can cook (learned when I was 7)
5. I can sew, but probably not as good as Wifezilla (also learned when I was 7)
6. I know how to take care of poultry - turkeys, guineas, chickens, peafowl, & pheasants.
7. I know how to process a variety of poultry
8. I think I can still remember how to properly skin and clean a rabbit.
9. I can garden.
10. I know of a variety of medicinal herbs and how to use them.

Theres 10! I want to add that I think I'm fairly strong, so I can do some heavy work, for free massages of course =]

Oh, I also want to add have I'm pretty good at cleaning, but I don't do bathrooms. :/

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
modern_pioneer said:
All are welcome to join us, list your skills.
I better not post my list. I'd get banned for life. :lol:

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like my yard is gonna be a tent city! Better bring tools, too, so there will be enough to go around. I'm gonna go ferment some more beans so I'll have something to feed y'all.....

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I want to come too.

Ok I can go on. Got lots of years of experience. :old But there is always room to learn more and try out new things. I grew up living off the land and tried my best to keep up with the skills needed to be self sufficient all my life, no matter where I lived. And I had the example of my parents and grandparents.
I find by helping others, I learn a lot, and it is more fun to work on a project when it is done in the company of like minded people.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
FD, you win. You get the guest room. I have lots to learn from you, and have leaky faucets and wood that needs chopping. I am not successful with my fruit trees, even though I tried to scare them this spring....the pear tree did set a few pears for the first time, though. And several more items on your list!

Can anyone replace windows, and hang doors, repair house stuff, paint metal siding? Install a sink and counter? Fix my bathroom? If so, FD may end up back in a tent..... :lol:

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Okay... I have started job assignments now...

big brown horse said:
I want to come!!! But I would have to do a internship at my expence because I don't know nothin! :(

I want to learn!! I'm a visual learner, so reading about it here is about 75% effective. It has to be hands on.

I can babysit all the little ones (I can teach little ones!) while you are all out doing your chores.
BBH...........
No children are allowed and with no jobs skills brought forward, you will be in charge of general security and punishement. We'll have to ask free which corner in her house we can use when people break the rules. While completing your internship, you will be assigned different task with different people in order to get well the rounded skills needed to become more SS. Also, you will be incharge of keeping the bathroom clean, smelling fresh, and full of useful reading materials relating to living SS, garden or raising animals. Some of us like to read while we are sitting upon the thrown of the brown trout.

Wifezilla said:
1. I can loom knit
2. I know how to raise ducks
3. I can garden
4. I can cook
5. I sew better than modern_pioneer
6. I know a lot about herbs
7-10. I can brew mead (I think this counts for 3 skills :D)
Wifezilla..........
You will be in charge of making uniforms, tent repairs, and making of the camps SS Guru flag which we will agree too and design later. You are also in charge of making basic bedding for everyone in the camp. Also, on Mondays, Wednesday, and Fridays you are assigned to Free for two hours in the morning to help her in the garden. Each evening you will assist me in preping and cooking dinner as well as planning desert each night, BB can assist you.

Blackbird said:
Ok!

1. I can milk, herd, take care of dairy goats (I'm bringing five of my own, so be prepared!)
2. I can make yogurt
3. I can make Chevre
4. I can cook (learned when I was 7)
5. I can sew, but probably not as good as Wifezilla (also learned when I was 7)
6. I know how to take care of poultry - turkeys, guineas, chickens, peafowl, & pheasants.
7. I know how to process a variety of poultry
8. I think I can still remember how to properly skin and clean a rabbit.
9. I can garden.
10. I know of a variety of medicinal herbs and how to use them.

Theres 10! I want to add that I think I'm fairly strong, so I can do some heavy work, for free.
BB..........
Your in charge of fresh milk, butter, yogurt, cheese and assist Wifezilla with deserts. You will also be in charge of all the flocks, feeding, watering, harvesting/cleaning of fowl as well as gathering/cleaning eggs for the whole camp. Your also in charge of basic medical and gathering of useful herbs/plants in the woods. You will also be assigned to free for two eight hour days a week to assist her/DH with projects.

Aly make your list, I still have some great jobs to fill.

So far thye work load is going to be to great for some folks, the more people that join us, the more we can share chores.

My job assignment will be decided by free, however I am assigned to her for two hours a day to learn how to make food and garden stuff. I will also assist BBH in up keeping of the bathrooms.

Because we are starting out, only leaves will be used in the bathroom, that is until, some one joins us and can teach us how to make TP a better way. I sure hope BBH knows the difference between poison ivy and a maple leaf... :fl Of course free might know how to make TP?

SKR8PN said:
modern_pioneer said:
All are welcome to join us, list your skills.
I better not post my list. I'd get banned for life. :lol:
SKR8PN........ You better be good or you shall feel the wrath of the Big Brown Horse, its rumored the she once taught a billy goat manners.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
modern_pioneer said:
BBH...........
No children are allowed and with no jobs skills brought forward, you will be in charge of general security and punishement. We'll have to ask free which corner in her house we can use when people break the rules. While completing your internship, you will be assigned different task with different people in order to get well the rounded skills needed to become more SS. Also, you will be incharge of keeping the bathroom clean, smelling fresh, and full of useful reading materials relating to living SS, garden or raising animals. Some of us like to read while we are sitting upon the thrown of the brown trout.
Well, ok.