Dearest FreeMotion, can I please....

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I think children should be allowed. If that is ok with Free. They have a lot to teach us and will help keep things on the lighter side. They ask the darndest questions and the older ones can help work and learn the value of a good day's hard work shared among many.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Free, thanks for the guest bedroom. Guess I'll have to stay on my toes, if I want to keep that priviledge. I know how to hang a door and change locks too. Hanging a door is best done with two people.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I can also help with the paper making since I taught this skill in an art class. Of course, we weren't using it for this particular purpose....

:gig

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Well, my list isn't that long, and you said no kids. My kids have to be with me. I don't trust anyone else with them, so I guess I'll not be tagging along this time :p

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
FarmerDenise said:
I want to come too. Free has a lot of skills that I don't and as far as I'm concerned her best asset is her enthusiasm for doing and trying out SS skills.

1. I can sew better than most. (made my own clothes, including prom dress in HS, sewed most of my daughter's clothes, when she was little, helped make my sister's wedding dress)
2. I can crochet and embroider
3. Make pretty canning labels on the computer
4. Chop wood
5. Fix leaky faucets
6. Know a quite bit about herbs
7. Inherited healing abilities through my feminine liniage
8. I can make pickles and jams, canning (hot water bath)
9. Make great soups and stews
10. Good with animals and know a lot about chickens
11. Have a green thumb along with years of experience
12. Know how to use a hammer and then some (helped build my (parents) familie's house and my grandmother's house)
13. Can (and love to) climb trees
14. Know how to make Rumtopf
15. Know how to build a stone wall without mortar
16. Know how to milk a cow
17. Willing and able to clean the barn
18. Know how to forage in the New England area (I grew up there)
19. Know how to have a good time with friends
20. know how to prune fruit trees
FD.......
Your in charge of the 6 arce garden that needs to be plowed and soil worked. We'll also need you to help build our outhouse. You are also assigned to work with BB in the poultry/fowl barns, as well as work with BBH to build a small security wall around the camp.

Do you really want to take the guest bedroom at the start of this? It might make you an outcast amoungest others in the camp......

I think the rules of the guest bedroom should be decided by free, using her SS new skills thread. If your not growing each week with new SS skills you haven't earned the right to have better living conditions than the rest of us.

BBH is now in charge of daycare and watching and teaching the children that are now allowed in the camp.

Tankshill........
You will join BBH in working with different folks learning SS skills as well as child care. Also you will be helping to make breakfast each morning. You are also in charge of washing/drying/folding clothes for the small community.

BB, FD and I will start building the community center, which will be where we eat, play music, dance, hold classes, do plays, have important meetings, how to classes everyday, and a general gathering place for everyone.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
modern_pioneer said:
Any wine makers amoungest us?
I have 5 gallons of honey, and I have all the stuff including the know-how, to make Mead. :frow

You guys are gonna drag a list out of me yet..........

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I have no idea how to break up the quotes, so I bracketed my comments with <<< >>>

modern_pioneer said:
Okay... I have started job assignments now...

We'll have to ask free which corner in her house we can use when people break the rules.

<<<Corner? I don't have corners....they are all piled with stuff, mostly boxes of canning jars!>>>

Also, you will be incharge of keeping the bathroom clean, smelling fresh, <<<<Better arrive in advance of all the others....I had mushrooms growing in there last week!>>>

Wifezilla..........
You will be in charge of.....planning desert each night, BB can assist you. <<<<<<YEAH! Sugar-free desserts! I will stock up on butter and I have lots of cream saved up in the freezer!!>>>>

BB..........
Your in charge of fresh milk, butter, yogurt, cheese and assist Wifezilla with deserts. You will also be in charge of all the flocks, feeding, watering, harvesting/cleaning of fowl as well as gathering/cleaning eggs for the whole camp. Your also in charge of basic medical and gathering of useful herbs/plants in the woods. You will also be assigned to free for two eight hour days a week to assist her/DH with projects. <<<<<Wow, you are really working that boy...er...young man.....Builds character. Lots of goats to milk!>>>>

Aly make your list, I still have some great jobs to fill. <<<Bring the kids Aly. This party wouldn't be right without you and your family. Ernie can keep an eye on them, it'll keep him occupied>>>>

My job assignment will be decided by free, <<<<OOOOOOH BOY!!!!>>>>>>

Because we are starting out, only leaves will be used in the bathroom, that is until, some one joins us and can teach us how to make TP a better way. I sure hope BBH knows the difference between poison ivy and a maple leaf... :fl Of course free might know how to make TP? <<<<I will not likely ever be ss in this department, I like my commercially produced tp! And any maple leaf that is picked on this property goes directly into a goat....Mya or Ginger only, Te'a and Willow are too fat!>>>

SKR8PN said:
modern_pioneer said:
All are welcome to join us, list your skills.
I better not post my list. I'd get banned for life. :lol:
SKR8PN........ You better be good or you shall feel the wrath of the Big Brown Horse, its rumored the she once taught a billy goat manners.
<<<<<Sounds like the evening entertainment is taken care of!!! :lol: >>>>