Deer permits for crop damage!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I just called the DNR office and explained that the deer ate alot of my crop last year and my garden also. They ask you alot of questions but its all free.

Better Half

Power Conserver
Reaction score
yotetrapper said:
But you probably pronounce it the eastern way... ki-o-tee as opposed to the western ki-yote.
Wow, I thought ki-o-tee was plural and ki-yote was single. I use both pronunciations and no on has ever said anything.

So you need a permit to kill deer on your own property? I suppose that varies state to state. I never looked into it. I assumed you could kill any animals that harms your or threatens your property whether it is a dog, raccoon or deer. My DH says his wishes he ate venison so he could shoot the ones eating everything in our yard. That's a lot of free meat just walking on by.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Yep, you need a permit to kill deer out of season...even on your own property. Now, do most folks care about the law? Not around here! I've always taught my boys to obey the laws of the land...so we got the permit! :D

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Update on the taste of that deer. We had the tenderloin tonight and I didn't detect any strong flavor. It was yummy! Homemade bread, sweet onion, mashed taters, salad..... :cool: