FarmerChick said:
I tell them to go suck rocks.

I hate pressure, so screw off Europe.....hahaha
Dang, FC...better take a dip in your pool & cool off!! :lol:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
like 110 outside, yea the fur is flying cause I am getting ill LOL :p

but ya know, the pressure of the world on us, geez, we can't even take care of ourselves right now and they demand. nah, I demand first !!

R2D2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Looks like the boys and girls in DC did a fine job preserving our fiscal AAA rating in time.To bad its just a little band-aid on a huge wound.What a joke, nothing was solved,the deficit will continue to grow.Nothing will change until the fat cow of entitlements and gov't. waste is sharply reduced.Doesn't look like anything close to that is going to happen anytime soon.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
The US economy is acting more and more like the Titanic.

"But we're unsinkable! Why am I up to my armpits in water?"

R2D2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
You got that right Wifezila..! It's not looking very good...

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Until we demand a balanced budget, both side of the political aisle will just postpone real cuts (which is my opinion of this new "deal") because they don't want to be the one blamed for "cutting" this that or the other thing and lose the next election. It is all about their fundraising and careers and making their party look good.

I'm awful tired of them calling Social Security/Disability an "entitlement".....they have TAKEN my money for 30 years and I have had no input on its investment or ability to keep it safe, and now that it is my time to draw upon it (due to disability) it is suddenly an "entitlement?".......excuse me? Welfare, food stamps, etc., is an entitlement. I've been involved in a mandatory program I've paid into every single paycheck and if I HAD that money, would not NEED their help. :somad

I think we have much too much dependence on a two party system and wish we could have third, fourth and fifth parties that are given equal time. NONE of these turkeys represent my views.....and in these "bipartisan committees" I don't believe a single person will be selected from an alternate party to decide when and what to cut. I think when the Bush tax cuts expire, this will all be a massive tax increase for us all. This group of politicians cannot dictate what the future ones vote upon to cut, so "cuts over 10 years" are just an empty promise to me, they don't mean JACK.

I don't think any of this was ever envisioned by our founding fathers in just this way.....they knew the potential for this but never knew how mass media would affect society and turn most peoples brains to mush, only able to concentrate long enough for a 30-second sound bite to be able to think through a complicated issue like a budget and long term planning. I can't imagine that they ever thought a balanced budget would be necessary, they probably thought we would never be as stupid as we are now. We are addicted to spending more than we have and continue to just throw it away to other countries, or waste it, even when we don't have it. I could not be the only one with the opinion that this agreement will do nothing....I see they still may downgrade our credit rating.

Forgive me if I'm getting too political here, but this is a thread about the deficit. Please let me know if I'm breaking a rule. Since I hate most politicians pretty equally, does that make it okay? :duc

Edited to add: ICU4Dz, I consider you a statesman.....

Pirtykitty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The Super Congress that they have put in ( which they are now calling a commity (sp??) has me worried... also. I think they are messing with the Constitution and what our fore fathers wanted...

I can rembember when I was in grade school that a teacher told us not to depend on social security. that has been some where around 40 years ago...

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
We here are just about the only folk who do want change. People have to get extremely uncomfortable to be willing to change.

Have you read Heinlein's the Moon is a Harsh Mistress?

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
People need to wake up and realize the game is over and the game was and is rigged. This next decade will be the final plundering of the system and middle class. NO one in Congree represents the middle class or the poor. They only represent the rich and corps. Even the Tea party doesn't represent the middle class. The upper middle class is running the Tea party with guidance from the Rich Republicans. Everything you see and read is part of the theater and these people play 3 steps ahead. We the lower middle class and poor need to prepare and look to our neighbors to help get through the coming REAL TOUGH TIMES. Especially those in the metro areas. God be with you there. Another perspective is from James Kunstler "THE LONG EMERGENCY". I read this book 5 yrs ago and reread it last week and personally I think the ball is at full speed now. :( Pay off your debt, pay down your mortgage ASAP and prep hard. IMHO :old

Support your local farmer and self sufficient groups
Support your neighbors who are trying to wake up
Support your local government that isn't corrupt ( easier said in the backwoods of Maine I'm sure)
Support people who share the same American values you do. :)