Deficit Issue

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sorry, hiker, didn't intend my post to appear that I was arguing with you...only wanted to add my 2 cents to what you were saying. ;)

Lady Henevere

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Boogity said:
9. Declare war on our own inner city gangs, drug users (yup I said users), drug pushers. Drug users are the problem because without them we wouldn't have pushers, cartels, gangs.
Interesting list. For this part, would legalization serve the same purpose?

I'm with ORChick on the pressing need for foreign chocolate.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Prohibition didn't work for booze and it isn't working for drugs. Legalize it tomorrow but require drug testing to get any aid. Florida just enacted a drug testing law for aid recipients. If people want to get high I really don't care. I just object to having to subsidize that lifestyle.

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Prohibition didn't work for booze and it isn't working for drugs. Legalize it tomorrow but require drug testing to get any aid. Florida just enacted a drug testing law for aid recipients. If people want to get high I really don't care. I just object to having to subsidize that lifestyle.
And NC just voted down a similar law. :rant

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
WZ, how is it you always speak MY mind so perfectly? :hu We must have been twins in a past life. :gig

:pop

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
I kind of don't have a problem with legalizing pot (still on the fence, I agree with points on both side of the argument).... but really, I have to draw the line at legal heroin, crack, cocaine, etc., etc.

And if a drug is LEGAL, then why should you be subjected to a drug test? That seems a contradiction. Just sayin'.

And I'm soooooo glad our new governor got the drug testing law enacted! Yeah!

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, Abi...

An excerpt from the Spiegel Online International article:

"Even if the worst is avoided, US finances are still a mess. Total debt is approaching 100 percent of gross domestic product, putting it in the same league as Italy, Portugal and Ireland, three of the euro-zone's famous PIIGS states. America's budget deficit is well over a trillion dollars -- more than 10 percent of GDP. Were Washington to apply to become a member of the European common currency zone, it would be rejected out of hand."

To paraphrase an old saying, if you aren't panicking yet, you obviously don't understand what's going on. :/

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
We must have been twins in a past life.
:gig

And if a drug is LEGAL, then why should you be subjected to a drug test? That seems a contradiction. Just sayin'.
Because if you have money for drugs, then you don't need my money for food. I think they should test for nicotine and booze too. Food stamps, etc... is for people in serious need. NOT to allow people to have food given to them free so they can use their money on their bad habits. I also support eliminating the food stamp program and going back to the old commodities box. I object to someone using my money to buy Chili Cheese Fritos, Pepsi, breakfast cereal and other crap that destroys their health and costs me more in tax dollars for their diabetes medicine, obesity treatment, thyroid surgery, etc...