Del Monte recalls canned corn in 25 states, 12 nations, due to botulism risk

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's common for truck drivers.with vans to spread coffee grounds on the floor after dumping a load like that. Closing the doors and drive to the next location. Then sweep out the coffee grounds before docking. I've seen it many times. I have.no idea why coffee grounds, must be like an air freshener?

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Coffee helps with smells.

That's why you see cups of coffee beans in nicer candle shops. Clears your nasal passages of previous scents.

canesisters

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Doesn't do a thing for the gallons of garbage juice soaked into every crack, crevice, rivet hole.... :sick
Usually, when garbage is transported in covered tractor trailers, it's 'bailed'. Which means that it's been packed into gigantic tarp bags. That keeps the bits and pieces contained - but does nothing to stop liquid from leaking out.
monk.gif

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Front end loader drivers also have to worry about snakes. There is a drain hole in the bottom/side of the dumpsters, that is supposed to have a plug in it to keep garbage juice from leaking out. Most don't have one, so snakes can crawl in and get dumped with the garbage. They have been known to make their way to the side mirrors, which greatly inhibit the ability of the driver to get out if the snake is on his door.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You are troubling me greatly here. I like my snakes, but can't for the life of me imagine the horrors involved in a SOUTHERN snake causing such mischief, especially a venemous one!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Poisonous snakes here are water moccasin, rattlesnake, copperhead and coral snake. On our place, I've only seen copperheads. The dogs get bit and I treat them with arnicare pills for the pain, baby aspirin and benedryl to get the swelling down. Our female Great Pyrenees kills snakes. She shakes them so hard that they fly apart. Then she stalks and kills each piece over and over. She has killed 3 copperheads that I know of, in 4 years, plus numerous rat snakes.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My parents had a dog who would shake a snake out of it's skin. Total blood bath. My dog stalks snakes, and kills them. She thinks they make great toys to fling around the yard. I try to prevent that by catching and moving them out of her E-collar range.

Mostly, all I ever see here is garter snakes. But, there are others, all non-poisonous.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You are troubling me greatly here. I like my snakes, but can't for the life of me imagine the horrors involved in a SOUTHERN snake causing such mischief, especially a venemous one!

I could have used you this fall when a big ole nasty copperhead was coiled up around the top of my truck motor.