Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It really does seem to be your calling Deb, AND, you've got your history down girl! I work at a college, (with high school students) in a program that tries to expose them to many different aspects of life that they probably wouldn't be exposed to without this program. We've gone into Houston several times and hired a tourgide to take our kiddos to some of the historical sights in the city. This lady makes good money doing this - and I'll bet you could line up something like that - either out in nature - or other historical spots. They say that when one door closes, another one opens.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Some of my history I know from watching some of these TV shows they have now. The tour guide was showing different medical tools that they used during the war. She holds up this one little tool and asked if anyone knew what it was. I looked at it, and said, it's a tooth hook. I then proceeded to explain how it was used. I don't think she'd ever had anyone who knew what it was. I only knew because I had seen it on Storage wars, or American Pickers or some other similar show. :lol:

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Right now, I hope the next chapter in my life includes some sleep! I'm beat. Went for a moon lite trail ride last night, then slept (kinda, sorta) in a tent, went out riding again this morning, came home in the rain and am now relaxing. I'm ready to go to sleep!

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Right now, I hope the next chapter in my life includes some sleep! I'm beat. Went for a moon lite trail ride last night, then slept (kinda, sorta) in a tent, went out riding again this morning, came home in the rain and am now relaxing. I'm ready to go to sleep!
Hope you got a good nap this afternoon/get a good night's sleep tonight! Always makes a new day look brighter :)

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I slept for about 1.5 hours, and didn't want to get up! I've barely ridden the past year or so because of my knee, then work. First it hurt too much to ride, then once I had the operation and was allowed to ride, there was almost never anyone around-and I don't like to ride by myself for just in case. Then I got the job. Last night, I had to keep taking my feet out of the stirrups, and riding like that. I was beat B4 we ever started out, and I think if I had been riding a different horse, I might have even fallen asleep! But, in spite of how dry it's been, there were puddles all over the place and Misty doesn't like water! She kept on spooking at them and was so intent on the puddles that a couple of times, if I hadn't been able to get her head around in time, we would have run into a tree. When we got back, I was so sore that I almost fell when I got off and went to lead her to water. We didn't go out for long this morning. And, I'm glad. We would have probably gotten wet if we had.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I was too tired to sleep last night, so it was close to midnight B4 I finally fell asleep! And, in spite of being so tired, I STILL woke up at 5:30. Tried falling back asleep, but had no luck so I finally got up. It was still dark out, so I figured I'd play on the computer B4 heading out to the farm. I wanted to get out as early as possible since I had one chicken last night that decided to ignore me when I called them all to put them in for the night.

It finally starts to get light. I wanted to take the bike, but since there was the chance of showers I wanted to check the radar B4 I left. So I got on, and changed my mind real quick about what I was taking! It showed rain out at the farm moving towards my house and I HATE to ride in the rain. So, I grabbed a pair of shorts, a tee shirt, socks and hiking boots, got dressed, put on my rain coat and left. It was raining lightly, but not bad. Get to the farm and put on my muck boots. After all, I wanted to keep my feet dry.

Cindy was sitting by the window, looking out at the weather. Normally, as soon as I open the door, she comes running. After being locked up all night, she wants out. Not today. She just looked at me. Walk out of the tack shed, and there's my chicken. As soon as she saw me, she headed over to the chicken pen! So, I did the chickens first. I think she was happy to get back in. As soon as I started to feed the horses, it started to pour! Got everyone fed and went and hid in the tack shed while they were eating. Did a bit of cleaning, but not much. Cindy continued to sit by the window and look out. As soon as the horses were done eating, I let them all out, then went back in the tack shed to change my boots. By this time, Cindy had gotten down from in front of the window-and headed for the litter box. I got in the truck and came home.

Once home, first thing I did was take off my rain coat and boots. Then, I took off my shorts-they were soaked from below the rain coat on down. Took of my tee-the bottom edge was soak. Took off my socks-it had rained so hard that the water just ran down my legs into my boots, so my socks were soaked! :barnie Now I'm sitting in my living room on the computer and thinking about going back to bed. I think Cindy is really smart. She has the right idea-stay inside, sleep and stay out of the rain!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Congrats on getting a ride! In my younger days I would have said that even a spooky ride is better than no ride at all.... not so sure I still feel that way, lol! My self-preservation instinct kicks in a little more each year.

You have already been so busy this morning that I feel like a slug, lol. I'm sitting here with a cup of coffee, thinking about everything I need to do...but haven't even got started yet.

Happy Labor Day!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
And I haven't had my coffee yet! It's almost ready, then I think I'm going back to bed for a bit. After I get back up, I'll probably clean the kitchen.