Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Yikes, sorry to hear about the bike. Glad you and it are mostly ok!!! Take care of yourself out there!!
Yes, I have to agree with you, I am EXHAUSTED of cold. The sun is getting so much stronger but it just doesn't feel warm yet. That's very frustrating for me. Hopefully this weekend you'll find some energy. The universal energy has been swinging pretty wildly lately, which isn't helping either.

I'm jealous your guys are already eating some grass. Ours has only JUST turned greener, it hasn't started to grow yet. We had rain last night, but not enough to even register in my gauge, but I think it will probably be enough to help things start turning green when it warms up for the next 5 days or so. Many buds are just about to burst, so I suspect its going to be a really gorgeous spring.
Of course that also means pollen and sneezing.... Wheee....

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I wasn't going that fast when I slipped. And, I was turning when I slipped, otherwise it would have been fine.

My guys have pretty much eaten the grass down in that area, and are back munching on hay. And, it's gotten warm here! I haven't been home for long, and am hoping I can get out and do something in the yard and/or garden. Hopefully, I'm only going to need a fire at nights now!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
:hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit Went out to feed the goats today, turned around and saw it-the ground hog. It was near the greenhouse. So, I now have the trap set up.

I still didn't get stuff done today. It was raining this morning, and I had trouble getting going. It did clear up in the afternoon, but I had a volunteer meeting down at Nature Center, and by the time I got back to the farm, got stuff done and got home, it was almost 2:30. I'm also not eating properly, so that doesn't help. I have my 4-H club tomorrow, and a bird walk B4 that, so I won't be able to sleep in. But, I should be able to on Sunday.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
I often don't take the time to sleep and eat right either. Hope you get your ground hog!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I saw no sign of it today. At first I thought I saw it near where I have my bike, then got a better look at the animal, and realized it was a bunny. :lol: I WISH it had been a bunny I saw yesterday, but they don't waddle away when they're going fast. :(

Today was a better day. I was a little late leaving, but we had a good bird walk, even though I did have a bit of an argument w/one lady. She said something about the lamb and the lion lying down together. That's one of the most misquoted verses in the Bible. I tried to tell her it was a wolf and a lamb, but she wouldn't believe me. And, she was most insistent on it. I wasn't trying to argue w/her, but she didn't want to hear it, and instead tried to say I must have a different version of the Bible. And, she didn't want to hear any suggestion to look it up. I knew it was in Isaiah, but couldn't remember exactly where, so I looked it up when I got home. (I have a small Bible w/me, but it doesn't have a concordance.) It's Isaiah 11:6. Thing is, I was trying to help her, not put her down, but I don't think she really understood that. Oh well. Maybe she'll get curious and look it up.

I only had 3 kids show up for club today. Found out that today was opening day for Little League in the area, so I have a feeling that's where a lot of the kids were. But, they enjoyed the lesson, and, they enjoyed the craft we did. We made sand candles. I had wanted to use old candles to do this, but couldn't find the bag I have of them, and the kids didn't bring any so we had to use some new candles. But they came out nice.

From there, I went to the farm. I was really late getting there. It took me about an hour to get everything done. The horses have pretty much eaten the grass down in the seeded area, so they're eating more of the hay I'm putting out. Another week, and I'll let them into the other seeded area.

Got home, grabbed some lunch and went out and worked in the garden. And, I have peas coming up! :weee :ya I wasn't sure I'd get any since the seeds were so old, but I have at least 3! Plus, I'm the farthest along that I've been at this time of year in a loooooong time! So, I should have a pretty decent garden this year!

It's supposed to be down in the 30s again, so I cut up some wood, and have a fire going. I also made brownies since hubby was complaining that there's no snacks in the house. But, he fell asleep B4 they were done. Wonder if I can eat them all overnight? :lol:

I also ate a good dinner for once. I had a cheeseburger, baked sweet tater and peas. I'm feeling better. I do have to get up early tomorrow. I have no bread in the house, so I'm going to have to make it in the morning. I had wanted to do it tonight, but just didn't get in the house early enough to do it B4 I have to go to bed.

I'm getting tired, so I'll probably be going to bed soon.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
That's an odd combo meal there Deb ;) We had spinach, beans, and corn on the cob. It was a nice change from MEAT MEAT MEAT :lol:

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Hubby had the burger out, so I just had to cook it up quick. It was easier to get to the sweet taters than the white taters, and the peas were the first veggie I came across in the freezer. :lol:

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Sounds like one of my whatever goes dinners we have on occasion. The only rules are, if ya crave it, cook it :lol:

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Part of my problem has been that hubby's been doing most of the cooking. And, while I don't like what he makes often, I'm too beat to cook for myself. So, it's either eat that, or go hungry. I'm hoping I can get some meals made up and frozen. That will help me a lot.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Yeah, i need to take some of the rain days we have been getting and make some things up as well. We had strawberry muffins last night because I was too tired to do anything else :lol: