Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I keep looking at the cage thinking I need to check the feed and water-and then remember it's empty. :(

Well, hubby didn't touch the mower last night. Why am I not surprised? Instead, he went to the bar on his way home from work. And, I don't know that he'll touch it tonight. The weather looks like it's going to clear up, so I'm going for a ride w/one of my motorcycle groups.

Found I didn't need to wash clothes last night, but will need to do it today. If I was going to be home, I'd risk hanging them on the line. But since I won't be, they'll have to go in the dryer.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Haven't even left yet. I had enough time after my doctors' visits to get on here for a bit. And, I had to check my e-mails just in case the ride was canceled-it hasn't been.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Well, I hope you have or (by now) had fun out there! Can't believe I am on here twice in one day. Yay!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I back and had a great ride. I was glad w/where we ended up, though. 3 of the nuggets got out today! And, when I got them rounded up to put them back in, Emily went for me! If I hadn't known better, I would have thought she was a rooster the way she acted! I had an idea of where they had gotten out, so I put a board in that area. When I checked on them this evening, they were all in. So, I'm thinking I found where they got out. Tomorrow, I dig down a couple of inches, and put a board in. When I was checking on them this evening, I had a few cats eying them up and licking their lips. I don't need them eating my nuggets!

Not sure how much I'll get done tomorrow. My friend, LK and I are going kaynoeing! We're going to try and get over a beaver dam. The water level is probably high enough for that for now.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
We made it over the dam! We got a bit farther up the stream, and over another beaver dam B4 we got to some downed trees we couldn't get past. We had fun-but my leg is hurting. I haven't been riding Misty enough, so I'm just going to have to make the time. I don't need a sore leg. I'm also going to get a B complex to take. From what I've been reading on another forum, it should help my leg, and I've also heard that various Bs are good for my Meniere's. I figure it's worth a try.

Hubby worked on the mower and can't find the problem. RU didn't dump my cart, so if it's not pouring when I get to the farm tomorrow, I'm going to see if I can rig the cart up the the truck so I can dump it. And, if the mower isn't running by Monday, I'm going to talk to RU to see if I can use her mower for the field.

Got some more peas out of the garden, and did some work on my maters. CL is going to be at the farm in the morning, so she's going to feed. I'm hoping I can get a lot done in the house since it's supposed to rain.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
And next week will be even better! I'll be going kaynoeing 2xs, going for a motorcycle ride, then going for an evening trail ride. We'll be riding the horses from 1 township down an old railroad bed to another township and getting dessert! I'm looking forward to that.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Still dodging the rain drops. Yesterday, CL was supposed to be off. She had the dentist coming to float her horses' teeth. So, since she was going to be there anyway, she was going to feed my horses and hers. We had a nasty line of storms roll thru, thunder, lightening, wind and heavy rain. I was feeling so bad for her, and planned to give her a call to see how she made out. Well, she called me. The dentist canceled on her due to the weather, so she went to work instead. I can't say that I blame her. They let her switch around her day off. So, that meant I had to go to the farm.

However, there was no way I was taking the bike. There was the chance that we could get more storms like that thru out the day. So, I jumped in the truck and left. I also decided that I didn't want to be there longer than I had to be. Got my guys fed, got her guys fed, got the chickens taken care of, then when everyone was done and I had let them loose, I went down and took care of LF's horses. Today's the last day the one is on the meds, so I won't have to do it any more! :weee

RU still hasn't dumped my cart. Hubby worked on my mower for a bit, but has found he needs to get some parts. So I went ahead and picked my field and dumped it all on Mt. Manure. I hated to do it since I want it gone, but at the same time, I don't want my field all overgrown.

I haven't been getting as many eggs as I should. I hear a chicken singing the egg song and can see one on the other side of the fence. RU had put up a board fence and because of Honey, I had put up posts and horse fencing on the inside of that. And, I haven't had a chance to take care of the weeds growing between the 2. So, I went and checked. I found a nest w/5 eggs in it! So, I gathered them up. There were 2 chickens that didn't want to leave that area, so I don't know if one has gone broody, or what.

Went over to talk to RU about possibly using her mower if mine isn't fixed by Monday to mow my field. She's OK w/that. She ran out of gas in her mower and hasn't had a chance to get more. That's why she didn't dump my cart. And I'm thinking that even if she has dumped it, that I'll just add to Mt. Manure again today. I'm thinking the manure from 3 days is all I'm wanting to get in the cart B4 I dump it. And, I might have to cover it w/a tarp to keep the rain from getting in and making it heavier.

Came back, got Stormy fed and put out hay. Those 2 chickens were still over there. When I called them, the one came running, but the other one didn't. So I took all the eggs, marked an X on them, and put them in one corner of the hen house. Then, I put on a denim jacket-this hen pecks-and went over and picked her up. She pecked 1x. But, she had also laid an egg. I figured I'd leave the eggs there overnight, and see what happens.

Came home, relaxed for a bit, then worked more on my kitchen. At least, if nothing else, w/all the rain, my house is getting cleaner. I'll be doing more work in it today.