Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Yesterday we had more rain. So, for the first time in months, my kitchen is clean! I just have to do a few dishes.

I was hoping to get a ride in on Misty, but didn't even attempt it. It was raining when I left, then stopped and started again when I was thinking of it, so I didn't even try. Then, when I went out to work in the garden, it started to rain again. It's supposed to dry out for the next 2 days, then we have a chance of more showers on Monday and Tuesday. If we get the rain then, I'll be spending a lot of time working in the house. I'm figuring if I really work hard at it, I might be able to get at least the upstairs done by the end of the month. Then, if I get the job at the Nature Center again, I won't be coming home to a messy house. If I don't get it, I'll be getting the basement done as well, and maybe the attic crawl space.

Since it's supposed to be a bit cooler, I'm also hoping I can do a ton of work in the yard. I hate to work on it if it's really hot out. If I didn't need to go to the farm, I'd be able to work on it in the morning. But, if I'm going to work horses, I prefer to do that B4 it gets too hot out. :/ My life would be so much simpler if everything was on one property.

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
How far do you have to travel to get to the farm? I am lucky enough that my main garden is a couple of blocks from my house but I want land and have been looking and hoping that I can find something that is close enough to work or home that I don't have to spent too much time on the road. Although if you have to pick up everything and go to the next property it's still hard to get all of the chores done. BTW send some of the rain this way ;) if you can, it's been over 2 months since we had any.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
It's 10.4 miles from my house to the farm. I'm trying to leave early in the morning so I can get stuff done by no later than 1:00. Then, I can come home, grab lunch, work on the house, then when it starts to cool down, work either in the yard or the garden. Right now, I'm really needing to get in the garden. I have stuff I'm needing to do, but haven't been able to get to because of the rain.

Today, I was going to get some stuff done, but other than dishes, feeding animals, and picking peas, I didn't get anything done. I was beat, so spent some of the afternoon napping.

CW, if I could send you some rain, I would. We might get more on Monday and Tuesday.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
It's raining again! I'm just NOT getting stuff done outside because of it. I was able to work on my tomatoes for a bit, and so some weeding plus pick peas. But, I wasn't able to finish. Plus, I was going to wash my bike-that didn't happen. :(

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Good thing I took the truck this morning. It was raining by the time I got home. And, it's raining even harder now! I don't think I'm going for a motorcycle ride tonight, nor do I think I'll be working in my garden. I'm going to spend some time working in my kitchen instead. I just wish I had remember to stop and get milk. I'm going to have to run out later and get some. :(

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I hope that you mean a critter, and not yourself. :lol:

And, I'm not going out for milk. I was going to. But, I had some in the freezer. I had a gallon that I didn't use quick enough, so B4 it went bad, I put what I needed for 2 batches of bread in the freezer. I need to make bread. So, I'll use some of this in the morning, then get milk on my way home from the farm. Problem solved! :D

I just hope this rain lets up enough so I can feed the goats w/out getting soaked.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Can I shoot my hubby? I had a big update that I had all typed up, when to enter it and he started messing w/the internet-and I lost my connection just as I posted it. :somad

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I threaten to shoot mine all the time, but he just reminds me that I hate to take out the trash!

And, yep - I'm milking again.... the GOATS silly! ( I been dried off for decades now, lol!)

Denim Deb

Reaction score
He's been driving me nuts for over an hour now. I threatened to leave-and he's pretty much shut up. He's drunk.