Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We have had like 30" for July. The rain can stop any time now.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
And we can get more rain on Saturday and Sunday.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
One more week is done. I have just 3 more weeks of work left.

Still don't have a running mower. But, RU mowed my field yesterday. It looks so much better, and it's much easier to pick the manure!

Managed to get chiggers the other day. So, my ankles are really itchy. :hit

The nuggets are getting big. I know for sure that one is a little roo. He's been crowing. Of course, he still sounds like a funky car horn. I've been watching them all, and I'm wondering if I just might end up w/4 roos and 1 hen. I hope not. But if I do, guess the roos will be heading to freezer camp.

Weather here isn't sure if it wants to be summer or fall. It really felt like fall the other day. I didn't want to go to work. I wanted to saddle up Misty and ride, but couldn't. I'll be glad when September gets here.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Fall? Are you kidding me? I'll be right there! I want fall, we don't always get fall... It was 'only' 98 today.....

Denim Deb

Reaction score
It's going to be warm here until the middle of next week, then it's supposed to be in the upper 70s, lower 80s. I can handle that much better than the 90s!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I'm at work and bored stiff. We've had strong t storms come thru, so I can't do anything on the computer. I'm on my tablet. It got as dark as night out there and it looked like a hurricane! Of course it started right when I got to the farm. Even though I had a raincoat with me, I still got wet. Good thing I had dry clothes with me.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Where I live, we don't really seem to have a problem w/flooding-in spite of being 1/4 mile from a lake! When Hurricane Irene came thru 2 years ago, there was flooding around the corner in both directions, as well as flooding across the road from the lake. But we didn't get as much as a drop in the basement, and our road didn't flood!

However, the one road I take to my allergist was flooded earlier in the day. By the time I got there, the water had gone down. The lake at the park is flooded right now. We did a lake study, and had trouble pulling anything out of the water since we couldn't get to where we normally do.

There were also 3 suspected tornadoes in the area. Don't know if they've made a determination yet or not.

Of course, the road was flooded in front of my field. Last year at this time, there would have been a big puddle in front of Misty and Stormy's stalls-which would have meant mud. But, because of all the work I've done, I didn't even have to put my muck boots on today to feed!

So far, I still don't know what all the nuggets are. One is crowing, so I know he's a rooster. They're 10 weeks old now, and getting big. Yesterday for the first time, I let them out of the pen. They weren't quite sure what to think of it.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I remember the first day outside for the ducks... they huddled in a little feathery clot in one corner and barely moved all day. Now they zoom from one side of the yard to the other, just cuz they can...

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I let them out again last night, and they didn't hardly go out at all! :lol: When I'm done work, I'll let them out all day, then not separate them from the adults when I put everyone away. The adults don't seem to be overly concerned about them. They just won't let them near the scratch grains, but don't really seem to be beating them up.