Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Another long day. I didn't stop working until 7:30. Then, I got a shower and heated up some leftovers. Now I'm ready to relax then go to bed.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
shower and leftovers are never quite so satisfying as they are after a seirously hard lng days work!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
That's for sure!

Didn't have time to post this last night. I'm not sure if hubby and I are going to make it. He got drunk again last night, then asked me if I could mail something. OK, the post office opens at 8:30, and closes at 5:00. So, I'm at work when they open, and at the farm when they close. He went nuts, yelling and screaming about how I can't do this one little thing for him, I've been working 2 days and he's worked for 30 years, etc. Then he starts saying he wants a divorce and I can go today and file the papers. I told him fine. Then, he starts talking really nuts. Quite truthfully, if I had everything ready for today, I would have left.

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:hugs
I'm sorry Deb. Wish I had the words to make it all better for you. I will be praying for you both.
Nancy

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I've made an important decision. As much time as I can spend, I will be cleaning the house. At the end of the summer, I'm going to really explore some different ideas I have for making money at home. I have books that I want to write that people are interested in. I've had people ask me about doing nature lessons at day cares. And, I'm sure there are other things I could do. If that doesn't work, then I'll be thinking about at least a part time job, full time if I have to. I want to be able to support myself. Once I get to that point, if I have to, I'm walking. I don't need this. I'd probably have to make some major changes to my life, but I wouldn't have to deal w/this any more.

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan. Just remember if things ever get bad there is help out there you have options.

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:hugs Sorry about your hubby's alcohol problem. Nothing worse than a mean drunk, my mom told me stories about her dad and it was very hard on the family. The kicker is drunks never seem to remember just how ugly they get, and then go on as if nothing happened all the while wondering why the people they wronged can't stand them. Hang in there I know things will work out for you. :)

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Well, week 1 is done. It doesn't seem possible. The week just flew by! And, I had to take the truck 4 days out of 5. :hit I needed it on Monday and Tuesday, and Thursday and Friday, the weather was just too iffy. It was raining lightly on Thursday, and the radar showed a huge mass moving up this morning. It was pouring by the time I left this afternoon.

RU is away. I really wish she hadn't gone away this week! It just made things so hard on me. I'm hoping if she goes away again this summer, it's only for a weekend!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I had so much I wanted to get done today, but got almost none of it done. I was just too tired. I'm hoping to get to bed soon. I'm hoping if I get a really good night's sleep, I'll be feeling more rested.

In other news, I was going to mow my field today and dump my cart. Well guess what? The mower wouldn't start again. :he I tried to jump it, but my jump box died, so I need to charge it. I'll be taking the truck out tomorrow, so I'll jump it then, dump the cart and mow my field.

RU is still away, and there's horses that need hay. I'm just too tired, and don't really have the time. First off, I don't even know if the tractor will start. 2ndly, if there's no one around to open and close gates, it takes me forever to put hay out. So, I'm must dumping some sbs out. She'll be home Monday (I hope), so she can do it herself.