Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
If he were a smaller horse, it would have been much easier! But he's pretty tall. If I remember correctly, he's a thoroughbred, and they're not known for being little!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
It was cold and cloudy again today. And, last time I looked out a window, it was snowing! They canceled church tonight as a precaution.

I've come to a conclusion, I do not do well doing nothing. I decided that I was going to take it easy today. Went to church this morning, then went out to the farm, gave Stormy his 2nd feeding, put out some hay, cleaned up some of the manure, took care of the chickens and then came home. Once home, I took care of the goats. Since then, I've done very little but relax, play games and read. I keep thinking it should be later than it is.

They're calling for more cold this week. I don't think it's supposed to get above freezing until at least Thursday. I plan on getting more wood on Wednesday. I'm really getting tired of the cold. I seem to recall hearing someplace that this is the 8th coldest winter on record. Don't know if that's true or not, I just know I want spring.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
I'm very weary of taking 10 minutes to get dressed to go outside every time I need to, even if it's only for a few minutes. I'm so easy for spring too.
I guess the only up side is that there shouldn't be too many bugs this year.... I can hope anyway!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I'm wanting to wash my Carhartts. They're filthy dirty and stink. But, at the same time, if I wash them, it won't take more than a day or two for them to get into the same shape they're in now, so why bother? And, we got more snow. Only a couple of inches but still, I didn't want any more at all! Plus, it's not going to get above freezing during the day and into the teens at night both today and tomorrow. Normally by this time in the year, I have crocuses coming up and I'm able to work in my garden. I think I'm going to have to go for a walk this afternoon. I'm feeling trapped. So, my list for today:

1. Practice piano
2. Clean living room
3. Feed animals, put out hay
4. Clean field best I can
5. Clean up around hay bales and if possible, reposition my tarps
6. Feed Stormy, bag feed and take care of chickens
7. Bring in firewood
8. Feed goats
9. Take a walk
10. Work in basement
11. Make and eat dinner
12. Dishes
13. Make a bunch of phone calls
14. Work on book

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
I guess it is close to time for crocuses here to. Don't think that's going to happen!
Good luck with your list. I have a busy day too.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Didn't do much w/my list today, I just didn't feel like it. It had started to warm up last week only to get cold again. I'm tired of the cold. I'm tired of the snow. Hubby is drunk and I'm tired of dealing w/him. It was too windy to work w/the tarps over my hay, plus even though there was only a couple of inches of snow, that was 2 inches too much. That meant I couldn't do the clean up I wanted in that area.

I found out after I made my list that I needed to wash shirts. And, I didn't feel like hanging them out. They're in the dryer now. And, I just didn't feel like cleaning in the living room or the basement. And since I didn't work in the living room, I didn't get the phone calls made cuz I had to sort thru some stuff in there in order to make the calls. I doubt that I'll get to my book today, I just don't feel like doing anything. It doesn't help that hubby is drunk. I'm seriously thinking of soaking tonight. Hopefully if I do that, he'll leave me alone.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm going to go soak.