Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
The roads aren't bad, but it's getting foggy. So, they cancelled church. Means I have that much more time to do stuff and I can relax that much sooner. Clothes are in the washer and the banana bread is cooking. So I just need to do my cobbler, soup and dishes!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
W/the number of dishes hubby dirtied over the past 3 days, and the baking I did today, I still have one more load of dishes that needs to be done. If we still have power in the morning, I'll be doing them then.

Hubby doesn't know if he's going to be able to go to work in the morning. Now they're saying that we could get a few hours of ice B4 it changes to snow. I hope they're wrong.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
We've gotten some ice, don't know how much and they're calling for 5-8" of snow now. I don't think I'm going to have a problem getting to the farm. There's only about an inch of snow out there, and I have a feeling we're getting even less than predicted. So, I'm not going to try to get out of here real early. Instead, it's going to be a normal day. But, I don't have to put out hay and I'm not bagging feed. My scale doesn't work the greatest when it's cold, so I'll wait until tomorrow when it should be warmer. I'm going to have to find a way to kill time out at the farm. Maybe I'll go talk to RU for awhile. My plan for today:

1. Practice piano
2. Practice clarinet
3. Go over choir music
4. Feed animals
5. Clean field
6. Feed Stormy and take care of chickens
7. Clean living room
8. Do dishes
9. Put away clothes
10. Feed goats
11. Make and eat dinner
12. Dishes

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I didn't get a lot of my list done. I didn't sleep that well last night, I fell the other day and I'm stiff and sore. I'm honestly thinking of soaking in the tub tonight. Had fun feeding the horses today. We did get some ice overnight. When I went to get into my field, I found the double ended snap I have frozen shut. I ended up climbing over the fence into CL's field. Then, I couldn't undo the snap from her field into mine, so I had to climb the gate. I ended up using a lit candle to melt the ice off the snap so I could get back into CL's field, then melted the ice off the snap into where she has her field, then had to melt it again to get back into my field. Once the majority of the ice was off, I did find that if I breathed on them hard enough, it would melt the ice. And tonight, could be a record low! :hit

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Had trouble sleeping again last night. And it's in the single digits. I don't know if we've set a record or not. But, if the long range forecast is correct, this will be the last of the bitterly cold weather. We should start to see a warming trend. I hope they're right. I'm not making a list today cuz I don't know what all I'm going to get done beyond what I have to do. I felt good after soaking last night, but I'm still stiff and sore. I honestly think I need a new mattress.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
We only ended up with 4-6" here but I heard further south really got hit hard. Guess it could have been worse!

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Have you tried planking? I've had back problems for years - we traded out the mattress, etc: No relief. Hubby's cousin conned me in to trying planking, as a stomach exercise. My gut is still waaaay to big and flabby, but even just 30 sec. of planking make's my back feel better all day and even lets me sleep better!
Just saw on the news that we're getting a 'warm up' at the end of this week too - 36 degrees! :celebrate Unfortunately, just like the one day we got last month, this 'warm up' will be equally short lived :(

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Never heard of planking. Can you give me more info? But, even if it helped my back, I still need to do something about the mattress. There is a definite dip in it.

We could get a warm up. I hope so. I'm so tired of this snow and cold weather. I had hoped to be able to do some stuff in the yard during the winter, but was never able to due to the cold and the snow.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
At this point in time, I'd almost welcome the mud.