Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Maybe. By then, I won't be working and Callie will be over a year old.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I thank God for this puppy almost daily. I can't believe how big she's gotten. She's 5 months old now. I look at her and ask myself, what happened to that little puppy I brought home?

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
They do grow incredibly quick! Glad to hear she is bringing you so much joy. I dreamed last night that I had a dog, though I don't at the moment. It's something I'm considering though.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I had a dream a few weeks ago. In it, I had both Callie and my first cocker, Ebony. I missed Ebony from the time I lost her to the day I brought Callie home. And, that was over 30 years. Now, when I look at Callie, while I can see things in her that remind me of Ebony. I needed her in a way most people would not be able to understand.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Unlimited love & devotion without question! Dogs do that with such grace & understanding with such a sense of "knowing" their humans. She seems to be fulfilling many of your missing needs.
So happy for you both. She knows you love her back.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
:hugs So glad you got this puppy and from the sounds of things, you should've done it long ago! I had a dog in my teens that I loved dearly and miss so much still, nearly 20 years after I lost him. They just have a way of filling your heart...

Denim Deb

Reaction score
As much as I wanted one earlier, I couldn't get one. Hubby didn't want any animals in "his" house. It was only a year or so ago that he decided he was OK w/one. Then it was a matter of finding one. I could not tell you how many years I looked for one. I was going to get one no matter what hubby said, but the only reputable breeders I could find that may have had a puppy were too far away. And those that I contacted in this area always had something happen so there were no puppies. I contacted this breeder last year.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
So glad it finally worked out for you :hugs You had to wait a long time!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I'm tired of the cold. I wouldn't mind it so much if I had all my animals in my back yard. But, we're getting much colder than normal temps right now, and it's supposed to last for at least another 8 days. I have to get a shower B4 heading to church, and I'll admit to not even wanting to get undressed! Think they'd mind if I showed up in my PJs?