Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I hope you feel better soon, DD. I know how you feel, I have been under the weather for some time now and I am finally starting to pick up again! Maybe your body is just telling you it needs some rest for a few days.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I had this a couple of years ago. I felt sick for a few days, but ran no fever. Then it cleared up on it's own. I hope it's almost gone. :/

Hope you feel better, soon. :hugs

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I am so mad at myself right now, as well as upset and feeling guilty. I took the nuggets out to the farm today. Everything was wet, so B4 I let them loose, I wanted to get the area all set up. It was drizzling a bit, and I wanted them to have a dry spot. So, I got everything all set up, went and got the container w/the nuggets, carried it into the run, opened it up, realized that either they got too hot, didn't have enough air, or a combination of the 2. Out of the 8, only my 2 black silkies were alive. :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit

A couple of times, I had been going to get them, and let them loose. But, I didn't want them under my feet while I was trying to get everything all set up. Now, they'll never get to run around and play in the larger area. Hubby lost Ralph the Younger and Rita. I lost the 2 that I have no idea what they were, but I wanted to breed them, they were so pretty. Plus, I lost my 2 buff silkies. I know at least 1 was a cock, not sure about the other.

They're supposed to be getting some chicks at the local feed store any day now. I'm planning on getting more, but at the same time, I'm almost afraid to. So far this year, I've lost Rerun. It's been almost a month since I've seen her. I got nothing out of the last batch of eggs I put in the incubator, and now, I've lost the nuggets. Some days, I just feel so discouraged.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
:barnie I HATE when stuff like that happens :( The guilt absolutely sucks when you KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt it was your own darn fault. Been there myself, several times, and once recently. Sorry you are having to experience it too :/ :hugs

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So sorry for your loss, and for how you are feeling right now :hugs

When I'm in your place I always think of Anne of Green Gables and how she says, "isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?"

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I've just had one set back after another w/trying to get my chickens to pay for themselves. But, hopefully this will be the last set back. Hubby gave me some money to get more chicks-which I wasn't expecting. So, as soon as I can get them, I'll be getting more chicks. I'd love to find out what the 2 were. They were banties. When I got them, I thought they were silkies. They had the feathered feet. But, their skin wasn't black and they got regular feathers. The pullet was a light cream color, the cockerel looked like a grouse. Anyone have any idea?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Bantam Cochins probably. They are pretty common around here anyway, so that'd be my guess.