Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
:smack
Nice.

Glad you were safe, and the horse was returned safe. I hope the owners knows what a ruckus his/her horse caused!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I wanna know who I should submit my bill to. :D

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
That is SO dangerous UGH! DH had a cousin killed by a horse coming in the vehicle on him, and I have a friend who is severly brain damaged and paraplegic from the same. Glad you were able to get it out of the road Deb. I would SURELY be submitting a bill for that one :/

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if the police submitted a bill for their time. The Sheriff's department has around here - if it is obviously owner negligence, and leaving the gate open would definitely qualify!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I had been kind of hoping someone from the newspaper would show up. Then, they could have written a nice article about me, and I would have maybe gotten some calls to work w/some horses that people didn't have a clue how to handle. It always amazes me at the number of people I see who have owned horses for years, but can't handle them on the ground. I've only been around horses for about 9 years or so, but my horses know better than to walk all over me when we're standing still and they all lead properly. Problem is, most people don't know how to establish a proper working order. Nor do they understand how to fix problems. I've stopped going on large trail rides because of this. The horse doesn't lead properly, they put a stud chain over its nose, and yank on the head. I've never done that. Horse wants to run on the trail, they use a harsher bit. Horse flings its head up, they put on a martingale. Horse is stubborn, they get a bigger pair of spurs. And, the list goes on and on. More often than not, the problem goes back to the owner/rider and is something that's easy to fix.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Even better are the big macho guys that think riding a stud is the "manly" thing. And when the smell a mare they end up getting off and beating him. Or the drunk idiots at rodeo that work their horse into a lather showing off then they get off and forget about the horse and pass out. People got upset with me for going over and taking off the saddle and bridle that was left on-tightend. And brushing the pour horse out. I didn't care sue me!

Most think of their horses as a statement and don't put time into them. They want an imediate fiix instead of taking time to work the problem out, and lord forbid it be something that is their fault! So the newest gadgit is used.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I've known guys who get upset when they're not allowed to take a stud on a trail ride or in a show. Your stud might be the nicest horse in the world, and may not act up around mares. But, if they let one in, they have to let them all in. And, that would be a fiasco!

I'm beat! This morning I ran out and fed the horses. Then I came home, got some irises out of my pond, and relaxed for a bit. Then, I hooked up my trailer and went to my son's. Once there, I started to unload my trailer. Got everything all set up and waited and waited and waited. W/where my son lives, I was expecting a lot of people. I hardly had anyone! I was practically giving stuff away, and still couldn't sell much. But I was able to sell an old guitar as well as all my old tomato cages, so at least I did get some money. I ended up w/almost $65 for the day. I didn't sell a single iris. :(

I finally ended up packing everything up and going home. Once I got home, I left everything like it was. Fed the goats and bunnies and got clothes off the line. (I put them out yesterday.) Then I went to the farm. Got Stormy his 2nd feeding. I need hay. RU got RBs today, but she put all of them away! :barnie She did have a couple of squares, so she told me to take one of them. She's getting more hay tomorrow, so I'll be able to put out a bale then.

The field was horrible looking, especially near the barn and in Honey's stall. So, I worked on cleaning the field. It was so messy, I couldn't get it all in the cart! Got everything around Mt. Manure cleaned up, then went and dumped the cart and put the mower away.

I was getting ready to leave when I decided to check the water. I just filled it yesterday, it was almost empty! So, I got that filled. I'm all set to leave when RU comes up on her 4 wheeler. It had shut off on her earlier in the day. So now she had both that and her pickup over on that side of the farm. I looked at the back tire, and realized it needed air. Pumped that up for her, then ran it over to the house. She followed me in the truck, then took me back to the farm. So, it was almost 8:00 B4 I could finally leave.

Hubby wasn't feeling well, so I knew he wasn't making anything. Much as I hated to do it, I stopped at Wawa, and got a salad for dinner. Stopped at the gas station, and got $20 worth of gas, and was finally able to go home. Now, I'm relaxing on here and watching the Phillies. They're winning, 4-0 and they're done 6 innings!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
I'm so sorry about your chickies! It scares me to think about something I do without knowing it will hurt them. Glad you got some more! Quite an experience with the loose horse, huh? I hope you and your dh have a blessed Sunday!!!!!!!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Truthfully, I don't want to do anything today! It's only a little after 6:00, it's almost 70*, and the humidity is at 92%. Sounds like a good day to stay inside and do nothing!

luvinlife offthegrid

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
If its that humid already, there's only one thing to do. Grab a glass of something cold, grab a book, or watch the glass sweat.