Deoderant is inherently evil.

chickensducks&agoose

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I combined lavender and tea tree oil in a little sprayer, and apply one spritz to each pit in the morning. I still smell good now.. at almost 8pm, after a long day with 3 kids at a museum, carrying a backpack and running up and down a zillion flights of stairs. Also works great on feet.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I use baking soda and lotion, but sometimes it is too rough for my skin. I'll have to try that, I have tea tree oil and lavender essential oils. :)

lwheelr

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
If you use tea tree oil repeatedly, it can irritate the skin really bad - feels like a fungal infection. Just fYI, I've had natural deodorants with it in them and after a week or so they all irritate pretty badly.

I'm allergic to pretty much every deodorant or anti-perspirant out there, and the few that I'm not allergic to, don't work. Sigh.

Deodorant might be evil, but the smell in the summer time of a working woman who doesn't wear it can be evil too! :)

chickensducks&agoose

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i use about 3/4 lavender and 1/4 tea tree. i haven't had any irritation problems, and I am allergic to fabric softeners, metals, and have sporadic psoriasis... but my armpits and feet are always fabulous and fresh. my gym partner the other day (I re-spritzed prior to my workout) asked if I was wearing peppermint perfume... so now I let the spritz mellow a bit before working out.

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I shower daily. It's plenty most days.

If I'm dressing up and going to something where it's VERY conservative, I will use one of the "rock" deodorants - it's literally this rock . And it works.

Gallina Vecchia

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I was going along really well with the baking soda/cornstarch/coconut oil mixture for about a year and WHAM! It stopped working, not sure why. But, I can not be sporting the B.O. stank at my job so back to deodorant. Drat.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
AnnaRaven said:
I shower daily. It's plenty most days.

If I'm dressing up and going to something where it's VERY conservative, I will use one of the "rock" deodorants - it's literally this rock . And it works.
yep. but i have one of those Tom's of Maine thingys.... it takes over a year to go thru it.

i'm just not that stinky i guess. now after working all darn day in the sun.. thats another story. but thats when the shower comes in handy.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I use the crystal also. I'm on my second one. My first one was as bout 10 years old and there was still quite a bit of it, but it got dropped and shattered into many many pieces. Both my children and my hubby have their own also. I think the crystal deodorant is the best. At ~$4 for a crystal that lasts you over 10 years? Gotta like it, esp that there is no nasties in it.

As for tea tree oil, my ds is using it topically on his face for zit control. It works better than benzoil peroxide any day.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Crystal here, as well.

Since it's not an anti-perspirant, sometimes in the summer I do a midday wash with my peppermint soap so I feel dry.

Latest posts