Did you know that the average American consumes....

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I'm not talking about salt and sugar....salt, at least, is a nutrient that is necessary for health and life. I'm talking about things that weren't in food a couple of centuries ago. Things that don't need to be there.

I read this in Signs and Symptoms Analysis from a Functional Perspective by Dicken Weatherby, ND. Can't remember which page now, as I wanted to remember it so I needed to "tell someone," and no one else was home, so here I am! Telling! :D

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
freemotion said:
That will be my new answer to the "a little never killed anyone" types. A little adds up, and a lot will kill ya! It will show up as pancreatitis, liver dysfunctions, etc.
Wow, exactly! And such additives that are not of nature are hard for the body to dump, staying around in our cells and wreaking havoc. And that doesn't even include the toxins in our environment we are exposed to aside from food that the body has to process. :(

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
moolie said:
"Food Additives " includes such things as salt and sugar, used in preservation. As I mentioned above, not all "chemicals" are bad.

It's important to be discerning in what we put into (and I'll add ONTO) our bodies, but watch the nomenclature because words can be deceiving.

Read labels and research the words you don't understand.

And I'd still love to see a link/source for the OP :)
Me, too!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
moolie said:
"Food Additives " includes such things as salt and sugar, used in preservation. As I mentioned above, not all "chemicals" are bad.

It's important to be discerning in what we put into (and I'll add ONTO) our bodies, but watch the nomenclature because words can be deceiving.

Read labels and research the words you don't understand.

And I'd still love to see a link/source for the OP :)
Me, too!
Umm......Go back to my last post......

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Sorry about that. I guess I was skim-reading for a link and missed the book listed.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ok I'll bite what does ND stand for? BTW when I see a nice round number like 10 Pounds my twisted little brain shouts "someone is estimating again!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Free did the book say what chemicals were most prevelant? just wondering...cause I would think a few chemical additives would stand out in the long haul?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I'm reading the introductory pages now, have a TON of reading to do for a course I'm taking, so if I come across that I'll post it here. The reference I read didn't say specifically.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
freemotion said:
ND=Naturopathic Doctor.
in most other jurisdictions, the terms are unprotected and may be used by anyone, regardless of educational level.