Dipence71- Picked up whole processed hog!!! Homemade porkyburger mmmm

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ya, no kidding. While I'm complaining in the kitchen, I remind myself how good it feels later to just walk to my personal little grocery store in my house. Best thing is that there's no check out line with a cash register.

But it also might be time to cut yourself a little slack. You can't do everything when life is throwing you curve balls. :hugs

calendula

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You're harvesting corn already? I'm jealous!

My grandpa has alzheimer's. He is still in the early stages, though. He knows who everyone is, but he has terrible short-term memory. One of the strange things about this disease to me is the personality changes it causes. My grandpa has always been a grouchy person. I love him dearly, but he was just so crotchety. Now, he is always in a good mood, smiling, laughing, so sweet. He has just done a total 180 as far as personality goes.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
:celebrate for water!!
None of my grandparents had Alzheimer's but both of my mom's parents lived to be 95+ and had dementia at the end. It was very distressing to not be remembered and called a fat hag. Broke my heart at the time but as time has gone by I've been able to go back to the earlier memories.... :hugs

dipence71

Got the t-shirt
Reaction score
calendula said:
You're harvesting corn already? I'm jealous!

My grandpa has alzheimer's. He is still in the early stages, though. He knows who everyone is, but he has terrible short-term memory. One of the strange things about this disease to me is the personality changes it causes. My grandpa has always been a grouchy person. I love him dearly, but he was just so crotchety. Now, he is always in a good mood, smiling, laughing, so sweet. He has just done a total 180 as far as personality goes.
Yeppers. Mom was pretty laid back and quiet and she did the flip in personality and is totally mouthy and B****y, hateful and such toward me but happy ish and outgoing with everyone else LOL They love her at the nursing home..

dipence71

Got the t-shirt
Reaction score
And yes I am very happy :celebrate to have harvested some sweet corn. It all isnt ready thank god or I would be knee high in cutting corn off the cob and pressure canning.....I reaaallyyyy dont have time this week. My manager is on vacation and I am the only other full time stylist, so I am working my rear off and dont have my usual days off lol...

dipence71

Got the t-shirt
Reaction score
Well I have to go and try to cut mom's hair today. :fl Hopefully she will be in a good mood and let me as I have been trying and she is always "too tired", but I have gotten, I swear 10 calls about how she needs her hair cut. Like I didn't know that, but what are you suppose to do? :he Drag her to the salon in the nursing home, duck tape her mouth, and force her to sit and get her hair cut???? It is not like a medical emergency, it is freaking hair for goodness sake. :th I am not about to get in a freaking fight to cut her dang hair. grrrrrr.....

And then I have to come home and work on corn. I have 1.5wheel barrels of sweet corn. I picked 1 full row and two half rows( I started doing 2 at a time lol) and husked it yesterday. It was so hot when I was picking I almost passed out. Then a little storm went through and it cooled off a bit (after I was already DONE for the day(in more ways than one)... We have been on excessive heat warning for several weeks is seems. It is suppose to be cooler (a little bit) till mid week.

Also have to help DD13 to get all her 4-H projects done for the fair next week. Cooking, baking, canning, rabbits, chickens, ect.

Unfortunately all I feel like doing right now is going back to bed. Nagging headache, fatigue, light headed, ect. But alas no rest for the wherry..... :sick

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
You'll be no good to anyone if you drop dead! Don't forget to take care of yourself in this mess. And drink lots of water when you are outside. Great haul on the corn!

dipence71

Got the t-shirt
Reaction score
Well I got mom's hair scrubbed and cut. She was having a good day. :celebrate She knew i was her daughter, I didn't tempt fate as to ask which one lol.... So it was a nice time thankfully. I really don't think I could have dealt with much yesterday..

I then came home but did not get to work on corn. lol

I cooked 5 lbs deer burger and made a huge pot of homemade spaghetti. I am going to portion it out into vacuum sealer bags for meal to take to work for lunch.
Things are worse than tight right now and it is getting worse. hubby had two short checks and I had a short one too because we went on vacation and neither of us had "time" to fall back on. (me I haven't been there long enough, hubby already used his to pour concrete in his shop.) So it is no ones fault but our own. But we will have to tighten the belts to get back up to "broke" LMBO!!!!

dipence71

Got the t-shirt
Reaction score
Well allot done today and more to do!!! :ya
- Homemade gluten free deer Spaghetti in individual vac seal bags for quick meals and lunches. :drool
- Deer broth vac sealed and in freezer
- sweet corn off the cob and in the freezer,about 50 packed cups give or take(1 1/2 wheel barrels full before shucked!!)(waiting for a day to can lol)
cobs and not perfect went to the chickens ad dogs, yes my dogs eat corn on the cob, cob and all....
- 3 loads laundry done and on line drying
- Freezer cleaned out and rearranged to fit all the stuff from today
- some green beans put in freezer (waiting for a day to can as well)

:th

Need to go pick more corn, but I am taking a quick break ad eating some spag....yummy

Latest posts