dma's miscellaneousness

dma1974

Power Conserver
Reaction score
deb4o said:
Hey dma, :welcome
Have enjoyed reading your journal so far, keep it up.

Theres no motivation like being a mom,your daughter is as blessed to have you,as you are to have her.

Lots of great, smart people here to help you on your way to a SS lifestyle.
She has definitely been my inspiration and motivation. I'm the lucky one to have her. She's so sweet and smart and beautiful too. Although lately, she's been a handfull; who knew PMS started at three? Outside of her rough phases, she's an easy child to raise. I can trust her in the house, that she's not going to tear anything up or flush all the dishtowels down the toilet at once. She's not a holy terror nor is she wild or loud. The worst she's done is color on the walls with a purple sharpie, color herself with the same sharpie, spill chicken feed from one end of the kitchen to the other, and now it's back-talk that's a problem. She loves to draw and color so I understand where she got the notion to go after the coveted purple (her favorite color: purKle) sharpie, she loves to help me with the chickens/chicks and that's what she was doing with the chicken feed. The back-talk I suppose comes from her father :rolleyes:.

When she goes to stay with him overnight, which is rare these days and a story for another time and place, I sleep with one of her stuffed animals. The first time she went with him overnight I about cried myself to sleep. We had never been apart from the time she was born; she was two at the time. She has slept with me from the time she was about one until just a few weeks ago. She likes her room and her bed but has taken to sleeping in my bed again.

I never would have pictured myself as a sahm or even as a good mom. I've actually turned out to be really good at this mom thing. Being able to stay home and give her 100% and the best of me has made all the difference in the world.

Learning alternate child care techniques, ones that in my area of the world are laughed at and frowned upon, was the first time I ever thought about making real steps out of the norm. Things as simple as co-sleeping and baby wearing, ha! Being dependent on expensive extras that only place me and my baby further apart didn't seem to make sense to me. Babies weren't meant to thrive on their backs all alone in some sterile environment, there had to be a better way. And thus the seed was planted......

kstaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sounds like you have it far more TOGETHER than a good part of the population. Your daughter is lucky to have you.

dma1974

Power Conserver
Reaction score
No shampoo huh? Eew! No way! Uh- WAY!

Ok, so I just did it! The baking soda and acv. I love it! I put some bs in a tupperware and grabbed the acv and was off to the shower. I just scooped some bs out with my hand, wet it under the sprinkling shower and rubbed it into my hair. Rinced it all out and poured on some acv. That's the part I'm going to have a little trouble with. I think I poured too much as my head reeks of vinegar and slightly of apples. Oh well, I'll get it right eventually. I want to get one of those condiment squirters for the acv though, I think that will work well to distribute it and not use too much at the same time.

Well, that was fun. And my hair feels great. Now, on to something else.

I put the chicks out this morning by carrying the whole tub out with them in it. It was just easier that way. I set the tub down on the ground next to the pen and here comes Mr. Curious-as-ever aka: Suspected Roo. S/he immediately hones in on the little ones and with raised hackles furiously pecks the plastic tub. Realizing this is not working s/he stops to posture. Tail high on point, neck elongated and hackles sufficiently puffed for good measure, s/he makes a couple of strutting passes for the chicks' perusal before finally being satisfied and walking off to peck at something on the ground. The other two, the BO hen and the PR pullet just look curiously into the tub for food. Especially the BO hen since she was raised in there too and knows when there's peeping, there's food. Point is, neither of them took much notice of the babies.

I so do look forward to integration time. ........Sh*t. I better get something built and quick! Maybe someone will give me a power drill for Christmas.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Good thing I was able to figure out what you meant when you said you put bs in your hair, otherwise I would have been doing this! :sick

dma1974

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Ha! I thought about that when I typed it too. I figured people would either put it together or think I put cr*p in my hair. Glad you got it :)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Of course, on horse boards that I'm on, BS refers to something entirely different. It means barn supervisor. :lol: BM is barn manager, and BO is barn owner. I can just imagine what anyone who stumbles across one of those boards thinks if they're not up on those abbreviations. :gig

dma1974

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I'm not too sure about putting a barn supervisor in my hair. But hey, I'll try almost anything once.

I'm used to BO meaning Buff Orpington, BS I just made up and in the land of motherhood BM is of course Bowel Movement. I bet you could take some of those horse forum posts, change out the acronyms and have some good times :) Talk about "words with friends"......

dma1974

Power Conserver
Reaction score
01. Name? dma

02. Gender? Female

03. Disneyworld or Disneyland? Who cares? Its Disney!

04. What is your favorite color? Purple

05. What is your favorite kind of gum? I had this Mojito gum once and I could never find it again.

06. How much do you weigh? Enough

07. How tall are you? Tall enough to ride all the rides

08. Can you swim? Not gracefully

09. Do you like to swim? Yes

10. Living arrangement? Messy, toys everywhere, crumbs, leaves.....

11. What's on your mouse pad? My finger

12. Favorite board game? Sorry

13. Favorite magazine? n/a

14. Favorite Actor? Who cares?

15. Favorite Actress? Seriously?

16. Do you have an accent? I'm cajun, wtf do you think?

17. Favorite smells? Gasoline, skunk, flowers, cookies, horses, the ocean, .... stuff like that.

18. Least favorite smells? Poop, vomit, etc....

19. Favorite sound? My daugher's belly laugh.

20. Do you prefer pools or oceans? Oceans.

21. Do you watch Buffy The Vampire Slayer? Is she still around?

22. Pencil or pen? Pencil.

23. Who's better - boys or girls? Both can be equally good and useless. I know some of both.

24. Would you like to own a motorcycle? A scooter, for short in-town trips.

25. Do you sing in the shower? Lord no!

26. Who's the best looking Disney character? Quazimoto. Howwt!

27. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning? My baby girl. And Quazi.

28. How many rings before you answer the phone? I don't usually.

29. How do you want to die? Happy, peacefully, or at least quickly.

30. Have you ever called a 900 number? Called it what?

31. Gold or silver? Neither?

32. Would you ever go bungee-jumping? Nope.

33. Do you like dressing up? As what?

34. Would you rather be short or tall? Compared to what?

35. Do you enjoy reading? Yes.

36. What book are you reading now? Storm of Swords By George R. Martin

37. Favorite books? So far- the Game of Thrones series.

38. What was the last movie you saw? The Help.

39. Favorite movies? The good ones?

40. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal? By choice? Sometimes.

41. What is your sign? Aires

42. What are your personality traits? I said I'm an Aires. That should cover it.

43. What's your biggest fear? Not being able to take care of my daughter or something happening to me (death) and not being here to take care of her.

44. Would you ever have cosmetic surgery? Probably.

45. Future child's name? That's not something I would know unless I were carrying the child and could get a sense for it.

46. Favorite foods? PASTA!

47. Chocolate or vanilla? Depends on the time of month.

48. Do you like to drive fast? Used to. Not so much anymore.

49. Storms - cool or scary? Both.

50. Do you like to dance? Not really. Maybe if I knew how.

51. Do you do drugs? I keep threatening to. I wouldn't mind having some pot sometimes.

52. Do you smoke? No.

53. What do you think of people who smoke? I try not to.

54. Do you drink? Occasionally

55. Favorite drink? A pina-colata in Fl, a Belini daiquiri, or a glass of wine. Oh, and I like a good martini.

56. Do you think men and women could ever be just friends without wanting each other? Uh, yeah. Does one not first eat with their eyes?

57. Do you eat the stems of broccoli? No.

58. If you could have any job you wanted, what would it be? A scientist.

59. What's your "type"? See # 26.

60. Do you bite your nails? Only when they're bad.

61. Any siblings? Ugh. Yes.

62. What movies have you cried in? A few here in town.

63. Do you believe in God? Not really?

64. Did you ever cry over a guy/girl? I'm sure I have.

65. Have you ever stolen anything? Only a few hearts.

66. Do you procrastinate? Lemme think about it.

67. Do you believe in fate? Yes.

68. Who's your favorite Sesame Street character? ....moving on.....

69. Do you organize your CD's? no, but they are all in my car. sort of.

70. What is your favorite kind of music? What's YOUR favirite kind of music??

71. What are your favorite bands/artists? Rubber and children.

72. What was the last CD you got? Don't remember.

73. MTV or VH1? Neither.

74. Who do you admire the most? Lots of people for lots of reasons.

75. Internet Boyfriends and Girlfriends? No.

76. Are you single? Who wants to know? 'Cause I ain't lookin.

77. Favorite TV show? Documentaries.

78. Blondes, Brunettes, or Redheads? I'm so confused.

79. Glasses or contacts? Glasses.

80. What color are your eyes? Brown

81. What is your natural hair color? Brown

82. But what color is it now? Same as yesterday.

83. Have you ever been in love? Just ole Quazi.

84. Any pets? One parakeet that I'd like to strangle and that I threaten to get rid of every day.

85. Good, decent, or poor grades? Just shy of an A last semester.

86. Is the glass half empty or half full? Depends on what's in it and how I feel about it.

87. Do you type with your fingers on the right keys? Left ones too.

88. What's under your bed? Air. And some stuff.

89. What is your favorite number? I like fives. But I'm drawn to six.

90. Favorite sport to watch? NONE! I'm so over the whole sports industry. The worship of sports events and sports figures nauseates me. Don't drink the Koolaide!!!!