Do you have a guilty pleasure?

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
How true :) My husband thinks I'm obsessed about food, but I think you guys nailed it with just enjoying the simple pleasures of life. Books, good drinks, cozy hooded sweatshirt and a nice treat to nibble on. Ahhh.... Can't wait for winter!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Oh winter can wait!!! 30 below is not my idea of a good time regardless of how full my pantry is and how much hot chocolate I have to drink :p
But I love the fall...the cozy fires, the sweatshirts and wool sweaters, the smells...mmmm LOVE the fall. Then comes the unpacking of snowsuits and bulky boots, have to find a place for all those hats a mittens again that seem to end up all over the house. Slippers become a fulltime affair...ugh! I hate winter

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Well, I agree that fall is wonderful. Even better than winter! I'm just looking forward to winter because of sheer laziness, but pumpkins, apples and crisp fall weather are pure delights. :D

soapmaker

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I have many! First of all my horses are really my passion even beyond my soapmaking. One of my favorite things to do is to take a hot bath by candle light and read a book.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I love winter! For the simple fact that it gives me a "down" time to look forward to and makes me appreciate the fall and spring so much more! I also love winter for another reason....

Homes look the most cozy and inviting on a cold winter's evening, right past sundown when the sky is still colored but the silhouettes are all black. Black house on the horizon, surrounded by black trees...with a golden light spilling out onto the snow from the lit windows! One of my favorite things! :love

That golden glow is one of my guilty pleasures, especially where I live~NO ONE will admit to liking winter! :lol: Have to keep that little item to myself...... :hide

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have way to many guilty pleasures.... I agree with the chocolate, coffee creamer as well as the fine bed sheets. All something I would hate to do with out. But I would survive.

I think the most costly of our pleasures is our fith wheel and desert toys. We have spent a small fortune on them. My dh grew up going to the desert in the fall and winter and really wanted to do the same for us. My children love riding with friends and having marsh mellows around an open campfire. I love waking up at sunrise and sitting outside with my coffee. I walk barefoot in the sandy dirt and feel the cool air on my face..... Ok so it's almost desert season and I am getting the bug. :clap

I can't wait!!!!

I love fall and winter as well, but Morel if I lived where you did I am sure my opinion would be much different.

chipmunk

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
For those of you (us) that love a good book, have you heard about www.bookcrossing.com ? I have a big stack of books that I've read this summer that I'm about to "set free"; it's a fun way to pass on the books and follow them around from person to person. I believe you can look in your area and see if any books have been released that you might want to try to nab.

delia_peterson

Covered in Compost
Reaction score
chipmunk said:
For those of you (us) that love a good book, have you heard about www.bookcrossing.com ? I have a big stack of books that I've read this summer that I'm about to "set free"; it's a fun way to pass on the books and follow them around from person to person. I believe you can look in your area and see if any books have been released that you might want to try to nab.
I love that site!Its fun and different! Have you tried Bookmooch.com?