Do you have a guilty pleasure?

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
I think most of us do everything we can to save every penny we can, and from the looks of it we do a bang up job. But as I was drinking my coffee the other day, I realized that I am not all that frugal when it comes to coffee. Not that I go nuts, but I will spend up to $5 for a can or bag of coffee. I will NOT go to Starbucks, or any other coffee shop, but I will buy really good beans at Marshalls Discount Store or maybe Ross, and grind them myself. I used to have a lot of bags, but now I do one at a time.

So, my question is, do you guys have any similar guilty pleasures? Something you really don't want to eliminate, but maybe have found a way to do it without guilt?

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Dark chocolate. One inch square a day, good for your heart and if you buy the right kind, a little $ goes back to help the rain forrest! :D No guilt here!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Licorice and milk chocolate. You can tell me every minute of every day that dark is better for, I just like the taste of milk chocolate!
And I have been know to treat myself to a small box of Lucky Charms once or twice a year! :rolleyes:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Food, of course! :rolleyes:

And high thread count bed linens...pretty ones! I've yet to buy them but I lust after them and will do so, regardless of the money, as soon as I can get over the guilt of the spending! :p

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
My poultry are my guilty pleasures :p

Puck-Puck

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Doritos.

Unjustifiable on any front, but my mouth loves them.
So I only buy them on "town trips", and only if they're on sale. And I don't stock up. When the bag runs out, that's it.

What's wrong with good quality chocolate, or coffee, if that's your tipple? Or good quality sheets? Would you sleep on a bed of nails if it were cheaper? It's perfectly possible to buy those products in a socially, environmentally responsible way. JMO :)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Yep, but its not really a NEED and I try to budget for needs first and wants come in a far distant second. Just habit from being poor the better part of my life.

I think if I had grown up with "stuff" at my fingertips, it would come more easily to my mind......but the mental conditioning, ya know? We were always drilled into the thought that there is a fine line between wants and needs and one is considered foolish and the other smart. :p

When I was growing up, all my clothing fit into a small cardboard box under my bed. Its a big leap to go from that to splurging on pretty linens, fluffy pillows, etc. :idunno

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Horses

I don't have one know cause my last great horses passed away a while ago. But planning on getting 2 more...one for me and one for my daughter Nicole.

Horseback riding is my passion. I never guilty spending one dime on this hobby ever and rarely cut corners to save a buck when it comes to my horses and their rquired equipment etc.

I will cut corners everywhere else but not there..LOL

Iceblink

Maa Maa Mama
Reaction score
Pineapple, lemons, olives and cranberries. None of them grow around here, but I refuse to give them up. Oh, and not just any lemons, I like the really expensive (but oh so worth it) Meyer lemons. If I had a greenhouse, I would try to grow them, but alas, I don't have a greenhouse.....yet. :p