Reaction score
I'm having a bad life today....I want to be a trophy wife :hit

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
inchworm said:
:hugs

It's OK inchworm. I have those kindsa days too.

Cassandra

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
As chocolate aficionados know, white chocolate is not chocolate, it is the fat from chocolate without any of the chocolate. What would be so great about a white chocolate bread pudding?

The closest thing I have to a secret recipe is my chili. It's in my head, not written down, and I never make it the same way although the basics are the same. I make it to taste.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
inchworm said:
Inchy I am sooooo right there with you today! I could just cry...I am at the end of my rope today :hit Trophy wife sounds mighty nice...OMG, someone slap me :smack

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Aww, Inchy I hope today is a better day for you!

I don't want to be just a trophy wife. I like knowing I am more than just a show piece for my DH. ;)

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
My trophy wife isn't for showing off. She is a trophy because she is such a good wife, mother, sister, daughter-in-law, and other in-laws, and friend.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
I have a secret recipe. I started with my basic Spicy Potato Soup recipe, then I jazzed it up a bit. You know, a pinch of this, I'll throw that in this time and I'll change this one time. That was the best pot of soup I ever made. But, unfortunately, I didn't write it down, and haven't been able to match it since. So, I guess it's a secret from even me. :rolleyes:

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Yes! :D Every year our local Amateur Radio club gets together for the holidays. Every year, since I have been involved with it, I have made my "special" meatballs in a "special" tomato sauce. I jokingly told a someone that it was an old family recipe and that I had swear that I wouldn't give out, except by passing it on to my son, before my father would pass the recipe to me.

I am constantly asked about it, and I have even had a couple of friends come by early, to try and catch me making it, so that they could learn my "secret".

A couple of years ago I broke down. I stood up at the party and told the club the truth. They are just frozen meatballs that I buy from Walmart, and I dump them in Ragu. No one would believe me and I am still asked for the recipe. Go figure...:rolleyes:

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
punkin said:
snip... So, I guess it's a secret from even me. :rolleyes:
My father used make a fantastic gumbo. The family called it Blind Man's Gumbo, because, well.. you guessed it, he was blind. He had never written it down, before losing his sight, and none of us thought to watch him before he passed away suddenly. We have come close, but have never been able to duplicate it. One year, I asked him what all of the ingredients were. He replied, "How should I know, I'm blind".

It was a tradition that before eating, the family would have him hold up his hands, so that we could verify that all his fingers were still there. We'd also make sure that the dog was still around.;)