Do You Like Where Your At...?

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
If you don't like where you are now, it would seem to me that the most important thing you can do for your family and yourself is stop what you are doing and MOVE to where you want to be ASAP. Seems that the frequency with which bad things are happening might just shut down our abilities to get up and go where and when we want fairly soon.

Seems like the handwriting is on the wall here. You can survive in the cold but it takes a bit of "chutzpah" as they say. It isn't for wimps. The south is not all that inviting seeing as the majority of people are moving there thinking that they don't need to pay for heat but they don't realize that they will want to pay for air conditioning when they are there so what is the difference?

The growing season is the only true advantage but with the population skyrocketing, it seems that the south is going "fill up fast" and they don't "cotton to Yankee's very much down there..." They have their own way of doing things and they sure don't like Yankee's "buttin' in their business". I know, I've lived there and have seen how they act. Virginia is one of the most hostile places for anyone not BORN in Virginia. Texas on the other hand is the land of independent thinkers and as far as I am concerned it is the only viable destination in the south as long as you can learn to speak spanish and get along with the "re-conquista's". EVerywhere you go, you will face challenges. Don't go anywhere that doesn't need YOUR SKILL because there aren't many jobs to be had in those places and the folks who are there will be a little annoyed if you come there and take a job they think THEY should have. BE CAREFUL!!!

No thanks. I'll tough it out up here on the high prairie.
//BT//
Trim sends

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
I wish some city-slicker from NYC would come out to the "country" and buy my house so i can get out of here...! lol..Yes,i agree, seems to me we are having more freaky, frequent weather, tornado's and floods.I'm not crazy about cold weather and longer winters, but can deal with it as long as i have a nice toasty woodstove cranking.Having grown up eating and loving seafood all my life, Maine would be my first consideration.I don't like hot,muggy summers,i prefer cooler.The cool thing about colder weather areas is the ways one can extend the growing season.Even have crops in the dead of winter if done right.Scott & Helen Nearing proved that decades ago a well as the newer cold weather growers to share their methods.When i can sell my place, i'm heading north...