Does anybody have Book- Reader's Digest Back to Basics? Any Edition?

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
That's fantastic. lorihadams
I love library book sales! I just missed ours. But then I am trying to get rid off stuff and didn't need the temptation. :lol:

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
*sigh* there are pros and cons of traveling...

Pros: I get to look through many stores to find this book, in many states (as well as other fun things for SS)

Cons: I miss things like Library Sales and some good yard sales.

I like the Goodwill idea, as well as the antique store idea, and those 2 are pretty common when I travel.

I am now on a treasure hunt! I'm also planning on a flea market today....looking for old cast iron (the good stuff, lol) and old hand tools (log peeler aka drawing knife, axes, hatchets, etc). I figure if I start grabbing these things up as I come across them, I'll be pretty set come time to homestead! ;)

Thanx, from one Jen to another for the idea!! :)

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
As a side note to this.....I went to Books A Million and found a book called Back to Basics. It is green and shaped like the Reader's Digest editions; in fact, it says "Third Edition" on it. It seems to have the almost identical information in it (my dad has one, bought it new and I remember it from when I was much younger)....even the same pictures. I bought it for $24.95 and am very happy with it. I am still hunting for the RD versions, but will gladly use this green one as well!!

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if they did, and if this is the result, they did a great job!! :D

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Third Edition Back To Basics "Edited by Abigail R. Gehring" Its green and wider than it is tall, 4 different pictures on the front. Hope you find it!! ;)

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
I GOT IT!!! Yep, got the Reader's Digest BACK TO BASICS hardcover edition just yesterday! I waited a week, hoping the lady at the flea market was true to her word on bringing it for me. I asked on Sat, and she said "No, but I'll bring it tomorrow!" So I went back, sick, and she had it! (I stayed in the car while DH went to her)....$18 later its mine and in perfect condition!

That being said, I sat this book and the one I described in the above post side by side and they are IDENTICAL!!! A few pictures have been taken out, and a few items added for update, but page for page, and word for word they are the same!

So to all of you looking for that book, run run run to the nearest book store and get the GREEN Back to Basics book THIRD EDITION "Edited by Abigail R. Gehring"!!!!!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Congrats!!! :) Nice to have, nice to read and I'm always amazed at just how much info they pack into one book!

Latest posts