Does anyone here read German?

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
The handwritten part is old German. I also learned it in school. The writing just isn't neat enough for me to decipher it. I bet my father could read it. I should look for my old primer (Yes, I still have it) I would be able to figure out the letters then.

The first letter of the first word is a "W" and it looks like there is an "h" in the middle of the word. The second word appears to begin with the letter "M"

I am Omi to my grandson. ;)

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I feel a bit guilty for soaking the bottle and washing the labels off.... but at least I have photos. The bottle now contains peppers and vinegar. My husband did some internet research on bottles, found quite a few that look like this one. But if you want to be amazed and amused, google "miniature bottles"... it's amazing the variety. I would be hooked at once on collecting so I guess I need to stay out of the antique shops! :D

Avalon1984

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I would go with Maria as the bottom word for a lack of anything that would resemble the letter L. It also looks to me like the first letter of the first word could be an H or a W, and the middle letter an f, instead of an h, not that this helps much :idunno

Avalon1984

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I am also thinking the last part of the first word is "furier". I did look up Wunfurier and all kinds of words like that but no luck.