dog shampoo

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Baby shampoo

Oatmeal bath (like the body soap)

Regular shampoo that doesn't have TOO much scent

Dish detergent, get one for sensitive skin.

...... Pretty much anything you like, but for a dog with dry skin I'd go with a shampoo that has moisterizers in it, and then conditioner the coat after with a spray on dog conditioner or use regular hair conditioner of the same brand.

You don't have to spend a lot on the dog shampoo to wash your dog, which is awesome.

And like greyhorsewoman said, ManeNTail is good too, but it HAS gone up in price since it was marketed towards us humans. I used it back in the day when it was sold at the tack shop and co-op for your horse LOL. We'd bath Pal, and since we got all soaked doing that cause he's a wimp we'd just wash our hair with the ManeNTail

hoosier girl

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
greyhorsewoman said:
ManeNTail is a good basic shampoo, inexpensive, and easily available. I always mix my shampoo up in a big jug or pitcher with lots of water ... easier to spread over the whole dog.

Another quick therapy for hot spots is 'powdered anti-perspirant' or 'fungal foot powder.' We used to have regular blowouts with hot spots when we lived in the south, and these dried up and stopped the itchey before things got out of hand.

Make your water lukewarm too ... too warm promotes shedding. (Unless that is your goal!) I just use hose water in warmer months.
Does the ManeNTail work for the doggie smell?