Dreamer Living off Social Security

perchie.girl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
@perchie.girl Nice to see you here!
Looking forward to reading your adventures.

I have moments where I wish I were single and living as I want to live. Having a DH, whom I love tremendously, also means that I have to compromise my wants sometimes. He is an engineer and his way is always best, cough-cough-gag!
Sometimes, when he takes over one of my projects to "help", I feel like strangling him instead of smiling sweetly.
Been there done that.... with a boyfriend... Dad was an engineer but he tended to do NOTHING at home. Once mom got tired of asking him so she bought a sawzall and cut a hole in the living room wall to put an air conditioner in.... All the while he was changing the channels on the TV with the remote...

Gotto love em cant push em off the pier..... When she got "done" he went in and framed out the hole so it would support the Air-conditioner...

Dad and I built our first color TV.... He advised physicists on how to construct their experiments... He was an automation Master... Yet the house would have fallen down around us if mom hadn't picked up the ball. SMH

deb

perchie.girl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Who says desert is stark and barren.... Sigh
rocks and sky.jpeg

DSCN0100.JPG

Attachments

• CAUTION PATROL.jpg
    CAUTION PATROL.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
To me, the desert has such a "quiet" beauty. Something that kinda sneaks up on you and suddenly "wammo", it is so wonderful to view you can't barely look away.

My brother-on-law was born out in Idaho, his parents moved to Wisconsin when he was just starting kindergarten. He moved back to Idaho after high school, taking my sister with him. After living there for over 20 years now, he says the green hurts his eyes and the trees give him claustrophobia when he comes back to visit WI.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Welcome back Perchie. I am also a "returnee" after having forgotten that I signed up on this forum over a year ago.

Are you actually raising Tilapia right now? Tell me about that, please???? I'm doing a lot of reading re: hydroponics, and have done some research on aquaponics. Have 2 very small Kratky plants going, with materials available to get several small tubs and planters going, future goal: initiation into aquaponics with 10G tank, gold fish, and 2 - 4 s.f. bed with hydroton and red worms as part of the system.

perchie.girl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I didn't. I found it on google images a decade ago when I joined here. I wish I knew who drew it and could look up more of their work! It's so clever! and true, if you've ever handled a rabbit with a bad attitude!
I have and thats why I liked it so much... Id still have scars if it hadnt been fort five years ago... shuddder.

deb

perchie.girl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Welcome back Perchie. I am also a "returnee" after having forgotten that I signed up on this forum over a year ago.

Are you actually raising Tilapia right now? Tell me about that, please???? I'm doing a lot of reading re: hydroponics, and have done some research on aquaponics. Have 2 very small Kratky plants going, with materials available to get several small tubs and planters going, future goal: initiation into aquaponics with 10G tank, gold fish, and 2 - 4 s.f. bed with hydroton and red worms as part of the system.
No but Tilapia may not be a good choice for Main. Tilapia come from Lake Malawai in Africa. 80 degree water is what they like... But you can raise up from fingerlings quite a few different fish...

http://www.aquaponicssystems.net/aquaponics-systems-fish/aquaponics-fish

They talk about Crappie beijng a good choice for closed systems... But they also discuss the temperature needs and feed needs.

deb

perchie.girl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
To me, the desert has such a "quiet" beauty. Something that kinda sneaks up on you and suddenly "wammo", it is so wonderful to view you can't barely look away.

My brother-on-law was born out in Idaho, his parents moved to Wisconsin when he was just starting kindergarten. He moved back to Idaho after high school, taking my sister with him. After living there for over 20 years now, he says the green hurts his eyes and the trees give him claustrophobia when he comes back to visit WI.
Yep... even the Mojave which is stark .... especially around Death Valley.
deb