Dunkel Bock

flowerbug

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
lookin' good to me too! any chance you could put a pipeline in from here to there? haha. just a tiny one.

i'd like to lift a glass tonight to the progressive rock drummer Neil Peart of Rush who passed away a few days ago. i just heard about it today. cheers, you will be missed Neil!

CrealCritter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
lookin' good to me too! any chance you could put a pipeline in from here to there? haha. just a tiny one.

i'd like to lift a glass tonight to the progressive rock drummer Neil Peart of Rush who passed away a few days ago. i just heard about it today. cheers, you will be missed Neil!
Neil Peart hemispheres album, I swear you could set a nuclear clock to his timing. The best modern day percussionist, I don't think anyone even comes close. RIP Neal

flowerbug

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Neil Peart hemispheres album, I swear you could set a nuclear clock to his timing. The best modern day percussionist, I don't think anyone even comes close. RIP Neal
i've got 'em all and play through them all once every few months. that album happens to be among the top 5 for me of their work. Caress of Steel too. i do like all of their albums (it took me a few playings of some of them to figure it out but eventually they were accepted into my head) and even watch the live concerts i can find on-line and am always amazed by what they could do and how they did it. 40+yrs. that's a heck of a run and they ran it well. the other two guys must be hurtin' my heart goes out to all of them and any other fans.

CrealCritter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
After 3 weeks of lagering @ 33 ~ 35 degrees. I pulled the Dunkel Bock and put it in the kezzer under 10 PSI of CO2 gas at 35 degrees. It should be carbonated in about a week. However I did sample a little, it's changed nicely while lagering. Most definitely Dunkel (dark).
IMG_20200130_204843204.jpg

Link to slow (7 ~10 days) forced carbonation chart ---> https://www.kegerators.com/carbonation-table/

CrealCritter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Still a little under carbonated but my daughter in law liked the sample I gave her. She said "smooth sweet chocolate beer and just a hint of hop smell". It goes down smooth and easy without any bitter finish. It could use a little better mouthfeel. it's a little thin for my liking but that might come about with more carbonation.
IMG_20200131_220922840.jpg

CrealCritter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Turned out very well balanced, can even taste a hint of chocolate. I guess it's pretty hard to mess up a German Bock, yet so easy to brew.
IMG_20200217_215337.jpg