Dunkel Bock

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
lookin' good to me too! any chance you could put a pipeline in from here to there? haha. just a tiny one.

i'd like to lift a glass tonight to the progressive rock drummer Neil Peart of Rush who passed away a few days ago. i just heard about it today. cheers, you will be missed Neil!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
lookin' good to me too! any chance you could put a pipeline in from here to there? haha. just a tiny one.

i'd like to lift a glass tonight to the progressive rock drummer Neil Peart of Rush who passed away a few days ago. i just heard about it today. cheers, you will be missed Neil!

Neil Peart hemispheres album, I swear you could set a nuclear clock to his timing. The best modern day percussionist, I don't think anyone even comes close. RIP Neal

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Neil Peart hemispheres album, I swear you could set a nuclear clock to his timing. The best modern day percussionist, I don't think anyone even comes close. RIP Neal

i've got 'em all and play through them all once every few months. that album happens to be among the top 5 for me of their work. Caress of Steel too. i do like all of their albums (it took me a few playings of some of them to figure it out but eventually they were accepted into my head) and even watch the live concerts i can find on-line and am always amazed by what they could do and how they did it. 40+yrs. that's a heck of a run and they ran it well. the other two guys must be hurtin' my heart goes out to all of them and any other fans.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
After 3 weeks of lagering @ 33 ~ 35 degrees. I pulled the Dunkel Bock and put it in the kezzer under 10 PSI of CO2 gas at 35 degrees. It should be carbonated in about a week. However I did sample a little, it's changed nicely while lagering. Most definitely Dunkel (dark).
IMG_20200130_204843204.jpg

Link to slow (7 ~10 days) forced carbonation chart ---> https://www.kegerators.com/carbonation-table/

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Still a little under carbonated but my daughter in law liked the sample I gave her. She said "smooth sweet chocolate beer and just a hint of hop smell". It goes down smooth and easy without any bitter finish. It could use a little better mouthfeel. it's a little thin for my liking but that might come about with more carbonation.
IMG_20200131_220922840.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Turned out very well balanced, can even taste a hint of chocolate. I guess it's pretty hard to mess up a German Bock, yet so easy to brew.
IMG_20200217_215337.jpg