eczema/psoriasis type problem

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
colowyo0809 said:
Ok, I need some thoughts on this one.
So, i have this patchy scaly dried pick at comes off stuff on the back of my neck. It goes up into my hairline producing "dandruff" (which it isn't, but whatever).
My thinking is that the best way to get at this stuff is to hit it from two fronts. Internally, by taking certain herbals, and externally. The external is what I want your thoughts on :)

My thinking is to shave my head, so I can access the scalp better, and then use an (if possible) organic/natural cream/ointment/poultice on my scalp and neck, and then maybe tie a bandana kinda like cancer patients do to cover the scalp (partly so people don't have to stare at my bald head and partly so they don't have to stare at whatever may be on my bald head :) )
Thoughts? Suggestions? Ideas? Critiques?
Can you get your hands on raw kefir? And, fermented cod liver oil.
You can rub the kefir on an hour before showering.
The FCLO can be rubbed on at night, and also taken by mouth.
Make it a high dose. 3 time the regular until the rash is gone.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
I've got the Rx cortisone ointment for the Excema that the Dr prescribed, but I found out that the stick of 100 % cocoa butter works really well at cutting the itching. Without the side effects.
Except I go around smelling like chocolate. Makes me want to eat more chocolate. Small price to pay. :p

chickensducks&agoose

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
colowyo0809 said:
So, i have this patchy scaly dried pick at comes off stuff on the back of my neck. It goes up into my hairline producing "dandruff" (which it isn't, but whatever).
If it's super dry, it's probably psoriasis. TGel shampoo by neutrogena will help. if it's kind of moist, have someone else look at it, because it could be a fungal infection like ringworm. If it is ringworm, it'll be in a circle shape, with red around the outside. I got ringworm from a pet mouse when I was a kid, and it started like that, and ended up with huge circles of my hair falling out... then a bunch of antifungal meds... yuck. Also, putting olive oil on to soak that spot before shampooing would be good, eat a lot of oily foods, like oily fish, avocados, etc. also, honey is good for broken skin, so smear some of that on for a bit during your next bath. good luck.

smurfette79

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I have been suffering from the conditions of PSORIASIS and Eczema all my life. The only thing that I have found to help is Artificial light treatment. YES! Tanning. I hate doing it. I never go.. but I am afraid I might have to give in if I can't spend some time out in the sun SOON! I have developed spots on my head I have it on my tops of my hands (seen people with it on the palms ) my KNEES are soooo bad! elbows and a strip of it going down my shin.

I had a script given by a dermatologist but I couldnt afford to use it for all of my spots every time I had an issue.

Diddnt make it reading all of the posts (don't know if anyone suggested this already.)

smurfette79

Power Conserver
Reaction score
chickensducks&agoose said:
colowyo0809 said:
If it's super dry, it's probably psoriasis. TGel shampoo by neutrogena will help. if it's kind of moist, have someone else look at it, because it could be a fungal infection like ringworm. If it is ringworm, it'll be in a circle shape, with red around the outside. I got ringworm from a pet mouse when I was a kid, and it started like that, and ended up with huge circles of my hair falling out... then a bunch of antifungal meds... yuck. Also, putting olive oil on to soak that spot before shampooing would be good, eat a lot of oily foods, like oily fish, avocados, etc. also, honey is good for broken skin, so smear some of that on for a bit during your next bath. good luck.
I have Tgell , it never helped my spots on my head. It actually caused it to be dryer.

Latest posts