Edwardian Farm - Update post 1!

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
abifae said:
What was the other Edwardian one? Maybe it is the Vickie one you are all talking about. It was fully period and they lived on an estate together.
Yes Abi, the Victorian Farm is the first year this group spent together, and the Edwardian one is the second year.
Both are well worth watching, as they show how real people lived at the beginning of the Industrail Age.
Fascinating!

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Bethanial said:
I REALLY wish I had working speakers! :he I haven't been able to watch any of the Victorian Farm stuff either. Or most any video anybody posts :hit
Maybe you can find some at a thrift store? We see them all the time.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
freemotion said:
I just watched 15 min while eating dinner and it was great!

Oh, those teeth! Who here thinks about Weston Price's teaching when they see teeth like that???? :frow
Oh I know! The one guy, his mother and grandmother ate well!
The woman? :hit

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thank you so much for posting this! I hadn't heard of it or Victorian Farm. My dh and I have loved watching it, and I've recommended it to several of my friends.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
It really makes you appreciate the internet and running water!

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Okay, I've been watching this very slowly, only a few minutes a night. Did the woman really just bottle ONE quart of pickled apples? Also she said the people would have sold the salt pork they made for bread and jam? What is wrong with this picture?

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
tamlynn said:
Okay, I've been watching this very slowly, only a few minutes a night. Did the woman really just bottle ONE quart of pickled apples? Also she said the people would have sold the salt pork they made for bread and jam? What is wrong with this picture?
They only show bits of the year, if that helps any :) It was about teaching others the recipes of the time period, not about them subsisting off the land.

And yes, during the time period when processed foods were becoming popular, it was not at all uncommon to sell the real and good food to the wealthy so the poor could have the junk and expensive food as well.