Egg recipes...

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Anyone got some good recipes I can use egg in? I would really like some that I can freeze or can....I'm over run with eggs!! LOL

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
mayonnaise--you could probably google the recipe. What I do iswhip up a loaf of french toast and freeze it. My kids take them to school sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar

Nuggetsowner:)

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have been making zucchini bread and freezing that. The recipe I have is very good and very moist even after is has been in the freezer for a month!! I should add that each recipe calls for 4 eggs. That is why I added the idea here. Plus this time of year everyone seems to have plenty of extra zucchini to get rid of!! :p

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
overrun with eggs

could you barter some away and trade for something good you want?

another farm that maybe does meats or such and make a deal?

Or maybe sell some?

Just another thought to get rid of your overruns without having to eat eggs every minute..LOL...I know what you mean, I have tons of eggs..LOL

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Why not just freeze the eggs themselves? (NOT in the shell - freeze whites and yolks separately)

Two dinners that we use to absorb extra eggs are making a frittata out of whatever's hanging around the fridge and whatever veggies are available, or making sausage-and-egg burritos (fry up some onion and green pepper and sausage; when cooked, scramble in some eggs, mix up well, and each person can roll their own up in a tortilla, with or without salsa as desired).

BYC has gazillions of 'I have to use up eggs' recipes - look in the Recipes section there.

Have fun,

Pat

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Thanx everyone! I've sold some, (my Sis in law buys about a dozen a week) I make egg noodles and freeze them, I've got hard boiled, I've put them in salads (chicken salad, egg salad, etc) but again, without eating them everyday, I needed a new outlet.

I'll try making bread and freezing it, and it seems I've read that you can scramble and freeze them. I might try that. And sadly, nobody around me is willing to or has anything to trade, lol.

On average, I get a dozen a day, so I think I'll try some mayonnaise, and the freezing, and go from there.

Thanx again for the ideas!! I'll take more if ya got 'em. :caf

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Have you ever had pickled eggs? They are YUMMY! I've never made them, but a friend of mine did. I plan on making some this year with my eggstras. They are good to take to events that you are supposed to bring something to.
They make a great snack too.

Ozark Hen

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I barter some of my eggs with the dairy farmer on an adjoining farm. I get fresh milk and make butter, cheese, yogurt and of course make my own pasteurized milk.

suenrob

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I scramble my extras and feed to my dogs. It's a nice treat for them. You can also feed back to the chickens.

Latest posts