Egg recipes...

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
oooooh, All these wonderful ideas, :( if I ever get any eggs. By the way, if you have ate the whole jar of dill pickles dont dump the juice down the drain. make some hard boiled eggs and insert into jar-wala- pickled eggs. the longer they sit the better they are.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Egg salad, angel eggs, quiche, friatta's, casseroles. Just a few that I would use my extras in.

ScottyG

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
A couple of slightly more unusual ones that I've eaten a lot of:

Spaghetti pancakes! Leftover (no sauce) pasta mixed with salt, pepper, eggs, and parmesan cheese. Fry in a pan until fairly solid, flip over once it's solid enough. Eat! Really good just plain, with a little extra cheese on top, or with a little tomato sauce. I used to have this for breakfast a lot... kind of weird, but a great way to use up leftover pasta, and really it's just eggs cheese and starch (like an egg sandwich is). As a kid, I thought this was just awesome. Spaghetti and a pancake in one!

Also, I like to make clafoutis. Sounds fancy, but it's just a sweet eggy mixture poured over fruit and baked... comes out kind of like a custard, kind of like a cake or pie, all delicious. Great for dessert or a slightly naughty breakfast. Here's a nice simple recipe... cherry is classic, but it's great with pears, plums, peaches, raspberries, blackberries... and so on. And you don't have to pit cherries, then. Here it is:

1 lb. fruit
1/2 c. flour
2/3 c. sugar, save a tablespoon to sprinkle on top before baking
Pinch of salt
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1 1/2 c. milk
3 tbsp. butter, melted and cooled
(optional add-ins: 1 Tbsp. rum or brandy, 1 tsp. vanilla or almond extract)

In large bowl combine flour, all of the sugar except 1 Tbsp or so, and the salt. Add eggs and any optional add-ins, blending thoroughly with wire whip or wooden spoon. Add milk and melted butter, stirring until mixture is quite smooth. (Do not beat.) Butter a 9 inch pie pan. Spread fruit on bottom; pour in batter. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 to 35 minutes, until a bit puffy and nicely browned, and a knife comes out clean when inserted in middle. Mmmmmm. Top with powdered sugar if you want.

ChickenTender63

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Make up a good cheescake. The recipe I use fas a sponge cake crust instead of graham cracker and between the crust and filling I use about 6 eggs.

But talking about a cheesecake they will beg you for. I get over run at church all the time someone wanting one.
Let me know if you would like the recipe.

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
I would love the recipe!!! I'm all about trying stuff out, especially the sweet stuff! LOL Thanx!

Dirk Chesterfield

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Egg Drop Soup

Bring 1 cup chicken stock to a rolling boil.
Beat an egg in a cup then very slowly drizzle the egg mixture into the boiling stock.
Season with black pepper to taste.

Some folk thicken the stock a little with corn starch before adding the egg.