Eggs

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This is one of my favorite ways to use eggs.... of course I don't make this tiny little bit, lol. I use a whole jar of pasta sauce and I put as many eggs in it as I can fit in the pan. I've made it with chicken eggs and even quail eggs. It's a great way to use them up and it's delish. You can serve it over bread or pasta.

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1013889-eggs-poached-in-marinara-sauce
The link wouldn't let me see the recipe without signing up. Would yyou copy and paste it?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This is soooooooo good! My Great Grandmother, Mamma Wall made eggnog every Christmas for breakfast! My Mother, as a little girl, remembered drinking eggnog on Christmas morning! Then my Grandmother made it for the family Christmas, now me. I use half the bourbon called for in the recipe and it still comes out good. As a basically non drinker, the full bourbon version blows my head off! LOL

Mamma Wall's Eggnog
12 eggs, separated
12 heaping tablespoons of sugar
12 shots of bourbon (I use 6)
1 half pint whipping cream
1 cup milk
Beat egg whites until stiff.
Beat whipping cream until stiff.
Beat egg yolks, add sugar 1 tablespoon at a time.
Continue beating egg yolks, slowly add bourbon 1 shot at a time. Beat egg yolk mixture thouroughly while
adding bourbon. The bourbon cooks the egg yolks-if you just dump the bourbon in you will get curdled eggs.
With a large spoon or spatula, fold the whipped cream into the egg yolk mixture. Then fold in the egg
whites. Stir in the milk.
Serve in cups with nutmeg or cinnamon sprinkled on top.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@baymule we call those puff pancakes "Dutch Babies" (from Deutsch or german pancakes). It's also almost exactly like Yorkshire Pudding, except for a Yorkshire Pudding you use the fat from the roast (they didn't trim all that delicious fat from the meat, like they do now). We adore both versions.