End of the Earth Postponed

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ohio don't you be wasting that tin foil hat
you know you can use it on the BBQ or something ;)

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
Ohio don't you be wasting that tin foil hat
you know you can use it on the BBQ or something ;)
oh geez.. you're right!

*hustles back so as not to be wasteful*

;-)

as far as a shift in humanity? be the change, baby... be the change.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."
Douglas Adams

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Dadgummet. Now what? I have been running around saying "its almost 2012 and I won't have to worry about it any more". Apparently there is no end in site. Guess I will just keep smoking and driving fast.

Where is a good apocalyptic predictor when you need one?

urban dreamer

I wanna farm
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."
Douglas Adams
:love :love :love You know they engraving in my wedding band says 42? :gig

shadowrider

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
LOL I read this too that "they" may have miscalculated.

Who knows that those Myans were "writing" down to freak out the future generations hahaha

Nothing is set in stone, it is all based on interpretations of some old writings. Good luck guessing lol
I thought the Mayan calender was carved in stone!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
OK, Thats it!! I am so over being told...."stock up, Y2K" So, TP, paper towels, bottled water...yup, between me and my mother, we could have "saved the world" with our supplies. :p Now..."no, end in 2012"??My poor brain...How will I explain to my kids....Im sorry, I dont have a saveings to give you when I pass on, I didnt think we would all be here, and I blew it" :lol: Well poo....now I have to start saveing for the grandkids too? I sure wish all these "smart scientists" would get it straight. :lol: I feel like I am running in circles! Guess I will just have to keep on...keepin on. ;)

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Just pass on the supplies to your children and grandchildren. That way, the next time some goof ball scientist starts shouting the sky is falling, they won't have to run out and buy stuff the way we did. :cool:

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Excellent thread!
I've always wondered, maybe they Mayans only went that far because it just seemed so far away, it was far enough?:old

Does there have to be some HUGE meaning behind it? They probably figured by 2012, someone smart enough to write another calender would come along by then, and whaddaya know, they did! Or more technically, what Mackay said! They only finished writing out that cycle, like we would write out a year and then start a new calender. No big deal, just the turning of a page.

Latest posts