Epic Win!!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Every little bit saves pennies!! :)
I can't use hot water, even our cold water is brown some of the time due to a bad issue with the pipes that nobody can solve (long story).
Wish I could, because it is a good thing once in a while!

dma1974

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I'm mid-launder as we 'speak' so I'll go start by using half what I'd usually use and see how it goes.

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
hqueen13 said:
Betta - how do you make a laundry soap bar? Do you just toss it into the wash? Or did I misread that?
Same concept as Fels Naptha, but I make it instead of buying it. Just grate and use like Fels. :)

dma1974

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Bettacreek said:
hqueen13 said:
Betta - how do you make a laundry soap bar? Do you just toss it into the wash? Or did I misread that?
Same concept as Fels Naptha, but I make it instead of buying it. Just grate and use like Fels. :)
So you make your own bar soap then grate some for making laundry detergent?

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
dma1974 said:
Bettacreek said:
hqueen13 said:
Yup. :) I've been using the Fels Naptha up until now. Haven't used it yet though, because I'm still using the last of the Fels Naptha stuff. Anything to save half a cent! Lol.

dma1974

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Bettacreek said:
dma1974 said:
Bettacreek said:
Yup. :) I've been using the Fels Naptha up until now. Haven't used it yet though, because I'm still using the last of the Fels Naptha stuff. Anything to save half a cent! Lol.
Do you mind sharing your soap recipe or method?

hqueen13

Reaction score
So what is in it that makes it soap?? LOL I use coconut oil for a lot of things, but I haven't used it like that before.
I think next batch of detergent I am going to make the powder version rather than the liquid. 5 gallons of liquid takes up a lot of space and is heavy.

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
hqueen13 said:
So what is in it that makes it soap?? LOL I use coconut oil for a lot of things, but I haven't used it like that before.
I think next batch of detergent I am going to make the powder version rather than the liquid. 5 gallons of liquid takes up a lot of space and is heavy.
Ha! Sorry I wasn't specific. It's coconut oil soap. Formula for soap (as in oil) is pure coconut oil soap. Guess I talk to way too many soapers that when I hear recipe, I only think of oils.

hqueen13

Reaction score
Heh, I'm not a soaper yet, but I suspect I could end up that way. I'll be starting with lotion bars in a few weeks, once I get the rest of the ingredients. I did just pick up 6 rever pots from freecycle today to use with my lotions and soaps so I don't get my good kitchen stuff too dirty, and I won't have to worry about keeping it as clean :p