ERRRR!! DIRECTV!!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
:barnie We called and suspended our Directv a LONG time ago...like 9 months ago. They suspended it for 6 months and then we called to have it suspended again for another 6 months...in Sept. So suspending it from Oct to March. 5 days after that Oct 7 they started billing us again!!!:barnie We have had all of the cabling disconnected so we had no idea it was on! We just assumed they suspended it like they said!! Now they are refusing to give us a credit or our $$ back even though they told us we could suspend it for another 6 months!!
I obviously did not look at my credit card bill close enough to see that they have been billing us for the last three months!!! :smack :barnie

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
:barnie He is only going to credit us back 45 of the 90 days they charged us!!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
:celebrate The deactivation guy credited back the entire $161 amount!!!:celebrate Just waiting for email confirmation on that!!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh man I hate when things like that happen.

I will :barnie for you also! doesn't that drive you batty!

Yup, you gotta check that the bill is gone. you can't trust them to ever do it correctly the first time..LOL....3 months of charges and you get 1/2 back. That is not right.

Don't they "record" those calls for customer protection or something.......as for a manager and have your recording reviewed...demand that recording be reviewd if they do that....and keep bugging them. Call back, say you aren't satisified and all that...bug a bit and maybe you will get the rest back!

bug enough sometimes it works! LOL----but when you call be kinda mean but keep your cool...and realize it surely might not work, but if you are like me, I would be calling again and getting a manager type and keep bugging....for a bit---then I would give up..HA HA...sometimes we don't win.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
never mind my post about calling and bugging them....LOL
I guess they "did the right" thing by you....COOL

I will :ya for you now!!!!!

Are you turning it back on for a month to watch???

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I talked to the deactivation guy and told him I wanted it shut off....of course they ask WHY?? So, I told him. He said they should give us back the WHOLE credit because it does say on our bill that they would in fact suspend it until March!!
I told him our intention was to turn it on until we found they had been charging us without our knowledge...
And because he was so nice and credited back our whole amount I turned the DIRECTV back on!!!

I made sure he sent me email confirmation of the credit also!!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
:celebrate Just waiting for DH to hook all of the cabling back up now....he is busy fixing dinner! Homegrown chicken from the freezer, green beans with garlic and butter, and four cheese mashed taters!!! YUMMO!!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
4 cheese mashed taters
I am drooling. I am a tater freak and me, hmm...doing low carb...kill me OK...HA HA HA

congrats on getting all your money back and getting your tv started to keep you from boredom....I can see you know flipping thru 600 or so channels and not finding anything to watch..HA HA HA

nice guy!

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Direct TV can be a pain sometimes but they will usually do the right thing if you bug them enough. Sounds like you bugged them enough. LOL

Tell your DH to set an extra plate - I am on my way.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
He cooked up 3 chickens and two boxes of four cheese mashed taters so come on over we have plenty!!

And we only have 150 channels...not 600!! As if I could watch even 150 channels at once!!!:lol:

Latest posts